Hacking Apparently you don't need Gateway and Sky3DS to play pirated games on your N3DS?

diowolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this. This sounds really awesome and got me hyped.

I only have money to buy a N3DS and I won't be able to buy a SKY3DS/Gateway with it.

Can you guys get me into this?

I need a N3DS with 9.2 FW right? It can't be higher?

I'll have to download .CIA games which are 3DS games? Will I be able to play online without getting banned? Will it brick my N3DS? Will I able to download DLCs and also DS games? Is the CFW region free?
I can install as many games as I want on the N3DS?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this. This sounds really awesome and got me hyped.

I only have money to buy a N3DS and I won't be able to buy a SKY3DS/Gateway with it.

Can you guys get me into this?

I need a N3DS with 9.2 FW right? It can't be higher?

I'll have to download .CIA games which are 3DS games? Will I be able to play online without getting banned? Will it brick my N3DS? Will I able to download DLCs and also DS games? Is the CFW region free?
I can install as many games as I want on the N3DS?
You will need a 9.0-9.2 New 3DS and Cubic Ninja thats about it.From there you can install either reiNand or rxTools.

Reactions: diowolf

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently if you have a N3DS on 9.2 or lower AND a retail copy of Cubic Ninja for the same region as the console then you can install PastaCFW (maybe others but I know PastaCFW works on N3DS and allows unsigned code and .CIA files).

Unfortunately there is an inherent risk involved with installing unsigned CIA files to SysNAND, and PastaCFW does not create an emulated NAND (EmuNAND) like Gateway does.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently if you have a N3DS on 9.2 or lower AND a retail copy of Cubic Ninja for the same region as the console then you can install PastaCFW (maybe others but I know PastaCFW works on N3DS and allows unsigned code and .CIA files).

Unfortunately there is an inherent risk involved with installing unsigned CIA files to SysNAND, and PastaCFW does not create an emulated NAND (EmuNAND) like Gateway does.
There is no risk to installing unsigned CIA's to your sysnand.

diowolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need a 9.0-9.2 New 3DS and Cubic Ninja thats about it.From there you can install either reiNand or rxTools.

Oh, I can't buy Cubic Ninja, though.

Can't you install a cfw to the OLD 3DS/XL without Cubic Ninja so why not with the N3DS?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The browser exploit and DS profile exploit are not available on the New 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually there is if those .cia files are system related, but you would need to be a real dumbass to mess with System .cias. Games are fin though.
No shit if you're messing with system titles you're asking for trouble.

Reactions: Zidapi and diowolf

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no risk to installing unsigned CIA's to your sysnand.
My understanding was that anytime you install unsigned code, you run the risk of a brick. With the way we do it now the risk is minimal if you know what you are doing and/or take the time to fully research everything beforehand.

That said, diowolf seems to be new to this so I figured I would remind him to be cautious what he installs/uninstalls/reinstalls to SysNAND.

Also, last I checked rxTools did not work with the N3DS and he had no intention of updating it to work, though admittedly that was 3 or 4 months ago.

diowolf, if you are going to go that route you need to keep in mind that if you access the eshop after installing CIA files you may cause them to uninstall or rewrap themselves (not entirely sure myself what causes it and I wanna say there is a way now to prevent it from happening, but don't quote me on that.

Browser exploit is not, but the DS profile exploit is available on the N3DS if you downgrade the system settings app (ONLY the settings cia). Thought as far as I know it's only useful for Gateway atm and you would still need a way to run/install unsigned code to get that far.

diowolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No shit if you're messing with system titles you're asking for trouble.

Will there ever be a way to install cfws on N3DS without Cubic Ninja? So if I have to buy Cubic Ninja, isn't it better to buy the Gateway instead?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding was that anytime you install unsigned code, you run the risk of a brick. With the way we do it now the risk is minimal if you know what you are doing and/or take the time to fully research everything beforehand.

That said, diowolf seems to be new to this so I figured I would remind him to be cautious what he installs/uninstalls/reinstalls to SysNAND.

Also, last I checked rxTools did not work with the N3DS and he had no intention of updating it to work, though admittedly that was 3 or 4 months ago.

diowolf, if you are going to go that route you need to keep in mind that if you access the eshop after installing CIA files you may cause them to uninstall or rewrap themselves (not entirely sure myself what causes it and I wanna say there is a way now to prevent it from happening, but don't quote me on that.

Browser exploit is not, but the DS profile exploit is available on the N3DS if you downgrade the system settings app (ONLY the settings cia). Thought as far as I know it's only useful for Gateway atm and you would still need a way to run/install unsigned code to get that far.
Which you can't install unless you use Cubic Ninja -__-

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Browser exploit is not, but the DS profile exploit is available on the N3DS if you downgrade the system settings app (ONLY the settings cia). Thought as far as I know it's only useful for Gateway atm.

You can use it with rxTools also. Gateway isn't the only that uses downgraded Mset for the Profile exploit.
But CN or OoT is still required anyway. So if OP can't even buy that as well or ask someone to do that part first, he can forget about having CFW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there ever be a way to install cfws on N3DS without Cubic Ninja? So if I have to buy Cubic Ninja, isn't it better to buy the Gateway instead?

Right now the only native exploits on the N3DS are the CubicNinja one (ninjhax) and the OoT one (a save buffer overflow exploit, which afaik is only used by Gateway)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, just break down and buy a copy of Cubic Ninja. I managed to grab one from Amazon for about $45.00. Considering the $80.00+ prices I see everywhere, I consider it a win -.-

Tbh this is your best bet, though if you live in the states and can manage to find a copy at Gamestop it should be pretty cheap (unless the prices skyrocketed again, I got my copy for under $10 less than 6 months ago)

diowolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use gateway on a New 3DS you would need Cubic Ninja or Zelda OOT either way buying an actual Gateway cart is super pointless ATM.

Alright. :)

So any copy of OoT or Cubic Ninja will do? Majora's Mask too?

Honestly, just break down and buy a copy of Cubic Ninja. I managed to grab one from Amazon for about $45.00. Considering the $80.00+ prices I see everywhere, I consider it a win -.-

I only have $200 dollars right now and I will buy the N3DS 9.0 with it.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. :)

So any copy of OoT or Cubic Ninja will do? Majora's Mask too?

Unless you want to buy Gateway you need to get Cubic Ninja (I would recommend it even if you do plan to buy Gateway as it is a more versatile exploit.

For Cubic Ninja it just has to match the region of the system.

For OoT (assuming you plan to get Gateway) afaik any will work at this point but it needs to match the system and you need a way to dump/restore save files (powersaves works)

Majoras Mask will not work, period.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh this is your best bet, though if you live in the states and can manage to find a copy at Gamestop it should be pretty cheap (unless the prices skyrocketed again, I got my copy for under $10 less than 6 months ago)
Yeah, I hunted for a copy used at all my local game stores because of the price inflation from the hack. Unfortunately, no dice for me. GameStop has it listed as $20.00 for a used copy with a Pro Membership, so I ended up paying a little more than double what I was hoping. But I'm glad I did get that one for $45.00, because when I checked the next day, the cheapest one on Amazon had jumped to $60.00-ish.

diowolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you want to buy Gateway you need to get Cubic Ninja (I would recommend it even if you do plan to buy Gateway as it is a more versatile exploit.

For Cubic Ninja it just has to match the region of the system.

For OoT (assuming you plan to get Gateway) afaik any will work at this point but it needs to match the system and you need a way to dump/restore save files (powersaves works)

Majoras Mask will not work, period.

Oh, I get it.

So Cubic Ninja is my best bet since the OoT will need Gateway and will make it even more expensive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone