Apparently there's more in the #001 error

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Baiano19, Nov 9, 2007.

Nov 9, 2007
  1. Baiano19
    OP

    Newcomer Baiano19 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2006
    Messages:
    37
    Country:
    Brazil
    I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but please tell me if it's old...

    So let start with this facts:

    Wiikey is the most popular modchip and also the one with most clones
    Some clone can be upgradeable via DVD... others can't.
    So far so good ,right?


    So after trying to play Mario Galaxy backup my friend got error #001, and he has the "bad" clone... he can't even play Eternal Darkness because of the lack of the audio-fix.

    Anyway, he tried to change the modchip BUT, after installing the official Wiikey, the system couldn't recognize ANY game, even ORIGINALS! The funny thing is that it would only work with the chip that was previously installed!
    The guy who tried to install the modchips told him that this problem happened to about 5 people since SMG leaked. Everyone tried to play the backup and got error #001.
    So if you have an upgradeable chip, you already solved this problem, but a lot of people who got the bad Wiikey Clone are stuck with this...

    Anyway, beware if you try to run Galaxy... because you may end up stuck with a faulty chip... [​IMG] [​IMG]
     
  2. Hooya

    Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2006
    Messages:
    1,878
    Location:
    Central Illinois
    Country:
    United States
    wut?

    Sounds more like the "official Wiikey" was a dud and broke the drive while it was installed. Going back to a working modchip worked.
     
  3. Lazycus

    Member Lazycus Rotten

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2006
    Messages:
    871
    Country:
    United States
    It's not "old", and your "facts" about clones aren't correct.

    Sounds like your "installer" is a hack who doesn't know what he is doing.

    From what I have seen/read 95% of WiiKeys and clones update just fine. The remaining 5% is divided between people who don't know how to create a config or setup disc properly and run them, those whose chip is not wired/soldered correctly, and a few who do indeed have bad chips.

    This "bad Wiikey clone" is easily replaceable if it truly is the problem.
     
  4. Bob Loblaw

    Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2007
    Messages:
    1,260
    Country:
    United States
    yeah the OP's post doesn't really even make sense...

    You just need to find someone who knows what they are doing and get your chip from somewhere reliable.
     
  5. Redsquirrel

    Member Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2007
    Messages:
    615
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    sounds a bit weird to me.

    I have modded a whole bunch of wii's and they have run SMG fine with the wiikey latest patch.

    For some reason my wiikey stopped working, but i swapped it out with a new one and it was fine.
     
  6. Yugge

    Member Yugge GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2007
    Messages:
    209
    Location:
    Sweden
    Country:
    Sweden
    It's a CLONE, its identical. Just update the goddamn thing with the update on the wiikey homepage.
     

Share This Page