Hardware Apparently the Switch is melting screen protectors...

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the end there are two sides:
-people like you who think the extra effort is suppose to come from us, like testers..
And
-people who realize that for the price of the console and the reputation of the co, they owe to deliver a product that goes with the current generation, but honestly with the switch, it feels like a console right after Gamecube.
You forgot the third: people who realize and enjoy the beta testing process, and are even willing to pay more to access this experience (think early access). Believe it or not, this kind of people exist, says me.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You forgot the third: people who realize and enjoy the beta testing process, and are even willing to pay more to access this experience (think early access). Believe it or not, this kind of people exist, says me.
Yah but this is a fine side! :P as long as you dont whine about people who's disapointed lol
being fan is one thing, but deffending without logic is another and so many are doing it lately its like a kindergarden :P

Reactions: V0ltr0n

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im selling temper glass for switch on ebay. Gba users get a discount. Pm me for special link if interested. 2 protectors for $12.99 free shipping.
Also should i warn buyers to let the protector dry before using or is this all baloney? Thanks.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heard my Switch's fan kick in the first time today in handheld mode, was so satisfying.

Will be opening it up in a couple months to apply better thermal paste and thermal pads.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I buy early access all the time, but I am picky in that I have to know the developer and their track record first. I know most people don't have the time to research this type of stuff, but that's why most people should stay away from paid betas/early access. For my part I'm happy with 95% of the games I've bought this way.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True that it's a risk buying the first version of any product but if nobody buys it how will the company survive to make it better and release a v2.0? If you like something you should support it so it gets better.

I pirate a lot of software but if I like something I buy it and support the developer, otherwise how are they going to afford to keep making the software better?

Your statement makes no sense to me imho.

Well, I understand there will always be early adopters. I just don't typically do it because nowadays ppl usually get fucked. (3ds ambassador program says hi. Like that makes up for the hugely overpriced system.) Back in the retro days, at least for nintendo products, you could buy a system day 1 and pretty much be guaranteed it will work as advertised. I dare to include all systems up to and including gamecube. Now that technology has advanced so far, it's inevitable that hardware malfunctions will happen. Design flaws, however, are unforgivable. This indicates that a product was rushed to make the deadline or corners were cut to save money. I think my statement makes perfect sense. Nintendo doesn't require day 1 sales in order to make money. There are ppl that will buy just about any product day 1. I'm no longer one of them for the above stated reasons. If I'm gonna spend $300+ on a new system, it better function as advertised. I'm not employed by Nintendo's or any other company's quality assurance department.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all