The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Maybe some of you already knew, but this is my first time hearing about this particular case thanks to Reddit.

Striking similarities between Kimba The White Lion (1965) and Lion King (1994). "488 Japanese cartoonists and animators signed a petition accusing Disney of plagiarism and demanding that they give due credit to Tezuka (writer)"
renderTimingPixel.png

chrome_2019-09-23_00-47-14.png

7be0c1f8f6.png

It's not surprising as many of their big movies and stories are basically adaptations of certain dark novels, but if you watched the video above, I'm sure you wouldn't have expected such an uncanny similarity if you didn't know this beforehand. And this is not an "adaptation", it's plagiarism.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Deleted member 507653

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang that's really interesting and I never knew about this until I read your post. Companies always put on a nice face but it's a good reminder that most are after profit.

Thanks for sharing :-)

Reactions: Jiehfeng

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Somewhere at Disney HQ -mid 90's-

Disney Employee: Hey boss! Do you think they'll realize that we stole this story?
Disney Boss: Just slap a bit of implicit incest and we're good to go.
Disney Employee: Jeez boss! You sure is the best! Hey everybody, give it up for our boss! Hurray! A true american hero is born! Yay!

On the matter... I remember being a child in the mid 90's and this was already a topic of discussion.
It's nothing new.

What I didn't knew is that the Japanese all they're demanding is that Disney credits Tezuka.
Unbelievable.

Are there any news on Disney's position on this?

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse