App to play MP3 and a game at the same time?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by vettacossx, Apr 5, 2009.

1. vettacossx
    OP

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    could an app be made to allow (under a loader) the ability to listen to music and play games at the same time like excite truck (or IRshell for psp homebrew by AHMEN or the original xbox or 360 can all do?) or would this require something MORE than just a preloader hack? maybe linux? like a gui menu over the game?

2. Awesome turtwig

Member Awesome turtwig GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wow, I hope someone could make an app like this... or I hope it exists all ready :/

3. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No. As has been stated before, the wii is incapable of running 2 programs at the same time... In all those other systems, the system menu runs in the background of actual gameplay. The wii does not. The menu when you press the home button is programmed into every wii game, not the system menu running in the background.

4. jacklaidlaw

Member jacklaidlaw GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    the wii is too shit i suppose you could hack a game up to do this but it would only work in that game and would take way too much time

5. vettacossx
    OP

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    how about a tool to replace the menu when HOME is pressed... I mean so you could patch a iso file? idunno prob wont ever happen but was just curious because the if it were in a SHELL like IRshell it would rule!

wonder if excite trucks ISO has info in it because it can read MP3 files on the SD card regardless of the directory your MP3 is in! a similar reverse engineered gpl open sourced menu when paused would rule

6. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    IOS is probably not capable of playing sound of any kind?