App that can Manage GBA Carts save?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by SkH, Apr 23, 2007.

1. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Hello

I'm looking for a NDS App (Homebrew in other words) that can manage a GBA Cartridge's save? (The app is run from R4DS, so the GBA Slot is free for ORIGINAL CARTRIDGE's!! [​IMG])

So it can backup the save from the GBA Cartridge from the GBA Slot-2, and restore it.

Of course it's using the R4DS's microSD card and filesystem! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm very greateful if anyone know that sort of app!! (Like Rain/Rein but with GBA!)

SkH

2. saticoy

saticoy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2006
    United States
    You can use eepinator to accomplish this.

Use "GBA SRAM --> FAT" to get the save from the original cart onto the root folder of the R4, and "FAT --> GBA SRAM" to restore it.

I just tested this with WarioWare Twisted and it does work.

3. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Oh, wow!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

You don't know how much you helped!!!!!!!

4. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Tried it, and don't work... [​IMG]

But I found out why not. That's because of my GBA Cart, it uses a Flash 1M savetype. And it's for SRAM Saves only... so what now I need is (and want it) is that app, but with Flash 1M save support!!

Otherwise, it's perfect, and works great for SRAM save type GBA games! [​IMG]

But I seen and hope that app going to be getting more advanced, after developing! [​IMG]

5. shinji257

shinji257 61396C68206D61737465722072616365 :3

Apr 9, 2007
    United States
    If you do have a slot 2 device then look for an application called cart_save. It can backup pretty much any type of save system I think. It is a gba application in itself though so it won't work in a slot 1 device. I tested it with Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past which uses a Flash based save system and it worked with that.

6. Johnatton

Johnatton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2005
    Hm. I can't seem to get it to restore my Pokemon Sapphire save file after backing it up.

Edit: Nevermind. It could be that Pokemon Sapphire does not use SRAM.

7. MaHe

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    SkH, why the hell are you bolding your stuff? It doesn't make it any easier to read, I even dare say it makes it painful ... [​IMG]

8. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Huh? What are you talking about??

9. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Yeah, for me, too... Pokémon games using 2M FLASH! That's why I need the updated version of this app!!...

10. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2005
    Canada
    Home, WhereElse?
    I killed about an hour trying to communicate with a 512kbit save flash on a DS the other day (see here for the technical jumble), I probably missed something important to make it work though the utter lack of anything close to success was not that astounding.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice