OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
imforpbj.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to test out applications like pogoshell on visualboy or another PC-based emulator?

I'm looking to buy a flash cart but I'd like to see which music/video player apps I feel more comfortable with because some of them are not compatible with other Flash Carts.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can test the applications in an emulator, VBA is probably the most accurate emu of the GBA there is too. Pogoshell may not work in an emulator with some of the cart specific functions though.

Oh and it must be said audio and video on the GBA a do-able but compared to the DS and even mobile phones it is not so good (no MP3 player and video will be limited to short clips as opposed to the whole films you will get with moonshell on the DS:
http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/wiki/index.php/Multimedia

As for the hardware incompatible programs they are limited to the less usable programs, what I am trying to say is the best audio and video programs work on actual hardware with flash carts.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I find that probably NO$GBA is the most accurate if you're using a proper copy of the GBA BIOS, but I wouldn't even know where you could find one of those.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)