paul1991

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Bushing claims that a representative from Nintendo contacted him. This is reasonable. What is silly is the message that the "Engineer" sent him.
QUOTE said:
As part of our efforts to understand how the Wii works, we believe we
have found a security issue that could allow pirated Wii games to be
played on an unmodified Wii console.

I would like to speak to an engineer about this — please have one contact me.

Sincerely,
bushing

Update: A representative from Nintendo has contacted me (see comment below). The rest of you can stop emailing me now. Assuming Nintendo acts in good faith, I don’t expect to be writing much more about this until it’s resolved.

Tags: Wii

14 responses so far ?

bushing // Jul 20, 2008 at 5:21 pm
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:31:26 +0100
To: bushing
Subject: Security issue.

First of we do not support what you are doing, but since you found
a issue that could allow pirated Wii games.

We have to see to patch this as fast as possible, So what is
this security issue you want to talk about.

Tyson Green
http://www.nintendo.com/
NOA

Read that second message twice. Does bushing really think that one of the people that Nintendo hired to reply to consumer messages is incapable or writing a gramaticly correct responce?

The first sentence has a misspelling! And it's missing a comma. (First off,...) On top of that, it is a sentence fragment!

The second is a run on sentence. Also, the grammer is strange. We have to see this patched... would be what a native english speaker would use. Then, it needs to be ...possible. So, what is the security issue you want to talk about?

Also, look at the email address! Nin Tendo? What's up with that? A real Nintendo rep would have a [email protected] address.
Not to mention the lack of flow the entire thing has.

It is a fake!

zb1.jpg

zb2.jpg

I know I probably am missing something. Nobody that has accomplished as much as Bushing could really be as big of an idiot as this makes him seem. If you understand what I am misreading about his post, please say so. I just need to vent a little and found a good target.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Read that second message twice. Does bushing really think that one of the people that Nintendo hired to reply to consumer messages is incapable or writing a gramaticly correct responce?

The first sentence has a misspelling! And it's missing a comma. (First off,...) On top of that, it is a sentence fragment!

The second is a run on sentence. Also, the grammer is strange. We have to see this patched... would be what a native english speaker would use. Then, it needs to be ...possible. So, what is the security issue you want to talk about?

Also, look at the email address! Nin Tendo? What's up with that? A real Nintendo rep would have a [email protected] address.
Not to mention the lack of flow the entire thing has.

I noticed all of this too... Before I read your comments. I agree with you, what is a so-called "Nin Tendo employess" doing with an [at]gmail.com address...

Is that just one big joke??

LokusT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you read everything in the comments, you'll see that he's showing some of the messages that ordinary people have been sending him.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not to be rude but it would appear that you are apparently the idiot. First off read all of the comments. Bushing is making fun of all the people that tried to contact him pretending to be Nintendo reps/mining him for information. That's what that comment was for. The only one that's legitimately pertinent is comment number 12 in which he does not disclose the actual nature of the email, merely that such an email exists and that it is legitimate. All the rest are of Bushing mocking those who thought they were smarter than him. Also, we have a thread dedicated to Bushing's recent actions, located here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=96473&st=0

Edit: Well your question has now been answered about three times since I've started typing
tongue.gif

paul1991

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it does not say "Comments below".
By making comment singular he is indicating that it is the comment directly below his post.

mousan

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
you're definitely TRUE ; bushing is an idiot to believe this piece of sh** an email from nintendo
wtf.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Failed for not reading the forum to see that this same thing was made and locked.
67-00,Kooky-28.jpg

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
paul1991 said:
But it does not say "Comments below".
By making comment singular he is indicating that it is the comment directly below his post.

I'm not much of a grammar buff but I think his wording is completely acceptable to support my point. When he says comment below he does indeed mean a singular comment (as I pointed out, number 12). It does not necessarily mean the comment immediately below, merely one lower than the post, thus satisfying the requirements of "below"
tongue.gif
. Plus, for all the work he's done on hacking and breaking open his Wii, do you really think that he'd be fooled by such an obvious fake? or maybe you think he's faking it all in which case wouldn't you think that he'd try a bit harder to fool us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over