Hacking AP - Check - And what can CFW like LUMA do about it?

Fil o_O

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will ask this question solely out of curiosity and for educational purposes. I have a sky3ds and several Cartridges. Most of them have the new AP check on them. I already did create CIA-backups using Decrypt9. But I was wondering if I could put some of the Cartridge games on the sky3ds. They abandoned their template file updates long ago, but I found a way to extract the headers.

So is there a way I can disable the AP check with a CFW like a9lh + LUMA? That way I could save space on the SD-Card

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I will ask this question solely out of curiosity and for educational purposes. I have a sky3ds and several Cartridges. Most of them have the new AP check on them. I already did create CIA-backups using Decrypt9. But I was wondering if I could put some of the Cartridge games on the sky3ds. They abandoned their template file updates long ago, but I found a way to extract the headers.

So is there a way I can disable the AP check with a CFW like a9lh + LUMA? That way I could save space on the SD-Card
iirc gateway 3ds users could just edit the AP check at 0x1FE to 00 and run the games that have AP fine, i assume with sig patches on luma you can do the same but on sky3ds.....infact im pretty sure i tried it once as i saw a thread on the matter, so im pretty sure it will work

c4388354

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Fil o_O: grab the "template_tools.zip" from the topic you linked, you need it to do this;

If you want to play AP-check games on a Sky3DS+ blue button:
Note: This requires your 3DS to be running a custom firmware and it only works for AP type 0x03 games
Pokemon Sun and Moon don't work with this method, they use method 0x05, so use a CIA instead ;)

Open your 3DS rom in a hex-editor, go to offset 0x01FE and change the '03' to '00', this changes the AP-check version.
then go to offset 0x0207 and change the '40' to '00'. (Not quite sure what this flag is for but it seems to be needed)

This hex-editing will BREAK the 3DS Rom Signature, you need custom firmware to bypass the Sigchecks to
be able to run the game. (An official firmware 3DS will either see a white icon or it won't show up at all)

After you've hex-edited the rom, use the template tools in the page you linked in your first post to make
the 'template/header' for your edited 3ds rom and write the rom using disk writer like you would normally do.

Last edited by c4388354,
Reactions: Fil o_O

Fil o_O

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pokemon Sun and Moon don't work with this method, they use method 0x05, so use a CIA instead

Ok, I already did that, and I did everything with pokemon sun and moon, because they are so big in filesize. so no wonder it didn't work. I wasn't even aware there are different versions for ap-check.

i might have to outsource sky3ds for good and buy a 128gb sd card...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup