Aonuma - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword art style

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,735
  • Replies 43
D

Deleted_171835

OP

“With Wind Waker, the graphics were suited to handheld gaming. Also the game ended with Link embarking on a journey, so it left open the possibility of what comes after the game. With Skyward Sword, positioning it as the first Zelda game means everything else connects to it and comes after it. It becomes a little bit difficult to do something else within that world and certainly much more difficult to do something that comes before it.” - Eiji Aonuma

icon11.gif
Source

I like the Skyward Sword art style but if the next Zelda looks like the Wii U demo, I'm fine with that.
zelda-gif-1.gif

A cell-shaded Zelda in HD would be nice, though.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't hardly appreciate Skyward Sword when I played it for the first time yesterday with some friends. We were too busy laughing at how dumb some of the characters looked. (See: Link's enormous lips) (See: Headmaster Gaepora) (See: Groose) The only laughable characters I remember from TP were Renaldo and...the baby whose name I cannot remember.

Please Nintendo, pick a different art director.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I couldn't hardly appreciate Skyward Sword when I played it for the first time yesterday with some friends. We were too busy laughing at how dumb some of the characters looked. (See: Link's enormous lips) (See: Headmaster Gaepora) (See: Groose) The only laughable characters I remember from TP were Renaldo and...the baby whose name I cannot remember.

Please Nintendo, pick a different art director.
Skyward Sword Link is the hotter Link.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh to be honest I didn't like SS that much. I played till the 2nd dungeon. Then I stopped. The music suits perfectly as usual. But still I did not like to swing around with my Wii Remote that much. I liked to play Twilight Princess on my Wii but that's it.

My interest in gaming goes down every moment. I'd spend way to much time on it last few weeks. And I feel bored of it.

The Zelda Wiiu demo between looks AWESOME.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cel-shaded in HD can look phenomal, simply emulate Wind Waker on Dolphin and it's astonishingly beautiful in action.

But I feel doing cel-shading would be a missed opportunity with the graphical capabilities of the Wii U, Cel-shading worked great for the Gamecube because of its limited graphical capabilities still.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Zelda SS with motion controls and all, from the small section I played.

Anyway, anything will do, all the art styles look good to me.

I think if it not the demo art style, it will be a different art style all together.

A cel-shaded 3d Zelda built from the ground up on the 3ds would be awesome tho.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care for the art style (something is just not right with those eyes...) so this is welcome news for me.

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda HD's graphics are too realistic for a Zelda game. Reminds me of Skyrim ;)
But hey, I might get used to it if a realistic Zelda game comes out...

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont care what it looks like as long as it's nothing like SS's gimmicks and useless motion controls where NOT needed
So... actually USING the wiimote for a game is a gimmick?

Anyway, From screenies I think the style is good (wat lips?) its got the maturish look of link from TP but it also uses WW cell shading giving it a nice balence.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
The art style and graphics of Twilight Princess & Zelda HD are more serious and I can appreciate the detail that goes into the game. Windwaker type graphics are more suited for 3Ds.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I honestly didn't like Skyward Sword's art style at all. It just seemed really weird to me.

I did like WW and TP's art styles though, but the combination of both (Which is sort of what SS was like) just doesn't work out that well IMO.

The Zelda HD demo looked fantastic though, as sort of an upgrade from Twilight Princess, and of course, with gorgeous HD visuals. A serious Zelda game (Well, for the most part) like Twilight Princess with the graphics of Zelda HD would be amazing IMO. Just because Nintendo is used to making somewhat less serious games, doesn't mean they have to stick to that.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
i just loved the Wii U Zelda HD demo, it was really impressive! even more so considering that it's generated real-time by the Wii U, and i would love to play a new Zelda with that style.
WW, SS, TP, and OOT had awesome styles, all of them were different but they were still 'Zelda'

To this day, the only Zelda graphics style that i hate were the CD-i ones (which is actually the result of the 4th split timeline in the series, the one where link becomes a fag and starts having dinner with the king)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.