Hacking ROM Hack Aogami - Shin Megami Tensei V Save Editor

aparadocs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total idiot question, so I apologize in advance.

How do you actually access the save data? Not stored on the SD card to my knowledge. Has a save file but totally blank.

For us morons, can you step by step the process? Thanks in advance.

aparadocs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i downloaded your save editor and installed the necessary software but its not recognising my SMTV saves. it doesnt appear when i press open save file, any ideas?

ah it worked on save 00 (was trying to edit save 18)
Where did you find the save files and how did you access them? Tried reading from the SD card or connecting the switch directly to my PC, but no luck. Sorry for the noob question.

UlyssesMendivil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you find the save files and how did you access them? Tried reading from the SD card or connecting the switch directly to my PC, but no luck. Sorry for the noob question.
you need jk save manager, download it from your homebrew store/ enter the app/select smtv/create a new save

on your sd root select jksv/ your game id/ your named save. there are the archives you can use in order, game00 is the first save slot and so on

j0ust1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks so much Taishiro for your work on this. After 30 hours I realized I wasn't liking my build, so I was screwed, but thanks to Aogami I can play something more fun.

Second, has anyone noticed your stats getting doubled? I set mine as 122 STR, 102 VIT, 66 MAG, 70 AGI and 70 LUCK. It stays as such for a little while, but eventually all of the stats double and I'm not sure why. I know "more stats, so what?" I just wanted to stick with a more "legit" build.

EDIT: After a few hours of playing I'm seeing it growing slowly. I went from 122 STR to 244 and now I'm at 250.
Yes this happens whenever you want to try reallocating points, and it breaks the game. Completely unaddressed by the author or his FAQ, which is pretty sh!tty.

j0ust1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks so much Taishiro for your work on this. After 30 hours I realized I wasn't liking my build, so I was screwed, but thanks to Aogami I can play something more fun.

Second, has anyone noticed your stats getting doubled? I set mine as 122 STR, 102 VIT, 66 MAG, 70 AGI and 70 LUCK. It stays as such for a little while, but eventually all of the stats double and I'm not sure why. I know "more stats, so what?" I just wanted to stick with a more "legit" build.

EDIT: After a few hours of playing I'm seeing it growing slowly. I went from 122 STR to 244 and now I'm at 250.
Yes this happens whenever you want to try reallocating points, and it breaks the game. Completely unaddressed by the author or his FAQ, which is pretty sh!tty.

ducklan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I figured out why that happens using a different save editor. changing stats with this one adds them to the applied item stats too so that's why every time you level up you gain however much you set your stat to.

karl_fallout4

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Does smtv need to be running when this is used? Because none of my changes were saved. Was it because I used the save file from the '1' folder instead of the '0' folder?
Post automatically merged:

it looks like renaming the save file to "gamesave05" just causes a crash. Otherwise it just ignores the file altogether.

Last edited by karl_fallout4,

Hdzulfikar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
For Linux User tutorial Here to run the editor.

I currently didn't have the Game on hand so can anybody test whether it works?

I've tested the app to open someone else save file.
it opened alright but i can't load the edited save cuz like i've said, i currently don't have the game on hand.

sad_user

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I lost my ~30h save file :(

Does this editor allow to modify the progression in the storyline?

Else, does anybody have a mid-game save files I could edit? Thanks

ivanaugustobd

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any way of unlocking demons in compedium? I missed one route-exclusive, and I don't plan to play the game a 5th time just for 1 demon (Belial)

2figs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this save editor can be used to edit Demi Fiend into your party, couldn't someone hypothetically unlock Demi-Fiend as a playable demon a playable Demon without home-brewing a Nintendo Switch? Wouldn't one just need to find someone trusted with a homebrewed Switch to make the file and then share their Nintendo login info so they could upload the hacked file to their Cloud?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone