Anywhere to just buy the blue card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BrokenHearted, May 3, 2014.

1. BrokenHearted
    OP

BrokenHearted Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2010
    United States
    Since you only need the blue card for firmware updates, I never really kept it with my 3ds and the red card. Then I moved and I don't remember where I put the Gateway box with the blue card. Is there any site where I can order just the blue card? I really don't want to spend 80$ (with shipping) buying another Gateway...

Or if not, anybody in the Montréal region willing to help me out? I just need to update the firmware. I just need to borrow the blue card.

Thanks.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    just buy any 4.x compatible NDS card

or buy a 7.x compatible card.....it really doesnt matter as long as it plays NDS games on the 3DS

tbgtbg likes this.
  3. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    If you end up buying a second one, I can take the red card off your hands. Don't worry, no charge. :)

dubbz82 likes this.
  4. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Yeah, the blue card is just a DS rom card, and not a particularly good one at that. If you have any other card that will work on your 3DS for DS roms, you can just throw the GW_INSTALLER.NDS in there with your games and launch it from that card.

I've never even used the blue card for launching Gateway, I use my DSTWO for that. My blue card has massive contact issues, as it turns out. Piece of junk, in other words.

5. BrokenHearted
    OP

BrokenHearted Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2010
    United States
    Edit: Sorry, Firefox is not showing this site properly. Had to change to Chrome.

Anyway, thanks for the replies! If I had known that, I would have taken my old DS Linkers with me. I'll have to buy a new linker but now I can just buy a DS linker. Thanks a lot!

6. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Just to be clear, make sure it works with a 4.5 firmware 3DS before you buy it.

7. BrokenHearted
    OP

BrokenHearted Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2010
    United States
    Well, a DSTwo should work with it, right? It works for all 3DS firmwares up until 7. something, so it should be okay, right?

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah the DSTwo would work fine....but only get a DSTwo if you want the extra features.........to use it just to install the exploit would be fairly excessive just a bog standard R4 3ds would work, and if you want to get it as cheap as possible try get one that doesnt support 7.x as they go for hardly anything now.......as long as it works on 4.5-6.x you could get it very cheap

9. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I wish there was an option to buy only the RED card for a considerable discount.

10. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    it wont be a considerable discount
    the card only costs about $2-4

11. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    Any R4 is ok, no need to spend so much, less than 10 dollars, or even 5 dollars is enough.

12. Retrievil

Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2006
    Canada
    Vancouver
    Might be an idea to try and buy an unneeded blue card from someone. Must be tons of people who already had viable DS cards when they bought their Gateway. I suppose not really worth the hassle when you can just buy a R4 clone for $10 online.

4coolday likes this.