Hacking Anywhere to buy a 3ds/Xl with A9LH UK?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can buy a 3DS and A9LH it yourself and then connect your NNID into it.

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would you go for a 3ds xl or new 3ds non xl?

I'd definitely go for a New 3DS because it feels much better in my hands and the general layout of things (cartridge slot, stylus slot) are much better in my opinion. Besides that it's faster and the 3D is much better. You can overclock it with CFW so it runs even smoother. The XL version is your own preference. I have the regular one, but a friend of mine has the XL version. The XL version is easier to use and see because of it's bigger screen, but it can get quite heavy in the long run. Just go to a store and hold both of them in your hand. Sometimes I wish I had the XL version because it would be better for me while traveling, but then again, the regular version is easier to take with you :P

Reactions: Kyojin

Subhaan2703

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd definitely go for a New 3DS because it feels much better in my hands and the general layout of things (cartridge slot, stylus slot) are much better in my opinion. Besides that it's faster and the 3D is much better. You can overclock it with CFW so it runs even smoother. The XL version is your own preference. I have the regular one, but a friend of mine has the XL version. The XL version is easier to use and see because of it's bigger screen, but it can get quite heavy in the long run. Just go to a store and hold both of them in your hand. Sometimes I wish I had the XL version because it would be better for me while traveling, but then again, the regular version is easier to take with you :P
If I buy a New 3ds what firmware will it be on? Thanks for the help!

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I buy a New 3ds what firmware will it be on? Thanks for the help!

Depends on wether you buy it used or new. New will most likely be on a hackable firmware (that being 10.7 or lower). Ideally you want 10.5 or lower because then you can use browserhax (using the browser to load homebrew) which is free. On 10.6 and 10.7 you need a game to load homebrew for you. If you buy it used, chances are they updated it to 11.0 (ask beforehand!) and that's not hackable meaning that you can't play pirated games on it. You can use homebrew with the correct games on 11.0 though.
I heard someone getting a N3DS on 9.9 new from the store, so it depends on your luck I suppose. You can just buy one, check the firmware and even have it exchanged for you if it's not the correct firmware :P

Subhaan2703

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on wether you buy it used or new. New will most likely be on a hackable firmware (that being 10.7 or lower). Ideally you want 10.5 or lower because then you can use browserhax (using the browser to load homebrew) which is free. On 10.6 and 10.7 you need a game to load homebrew for you. If you buy it used, chances are they updated it to 11.0 (ask beforehand!) and that's not hackable meaning that you can't play pirated games on it. You can use homebrew with the correct games on 11.0 though.
I heard someone getting a N3DS on 9.9 new from the store, so it depends on your luck I suppose. You can just buy one, check the firmware and even have it exchanged for you if it's not the correct firmware :P
Yeah I was looking for one that can use browserhax to make things easier for myself. I'll have a look on Ebay and ask a few sellers on their firmware models. Last question, how much would an O3dsxl with a9lh be worth?

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I was looking for one that can use browserhax to make things easier for myself. I'll have a look on Ebay and ask a few sellers on their firmware models. Last question, how much would an O3dsxl with a9lh be worth?

With a retailer at least you have a warranty and you can exchange it when it's not the right firmware.
O3dses aren't that much worth anymore. I got mine for €50 although that was a bargain. I think it's around $150 (and that's a high estimated price!) with A9LH adding maybe $10-$20 because it's a hack that takes a lot of time. The pirated games do not add to the value of the bundle. Do A9LH yourself and save yourself some money. I could do it for you if you'd ship it to the Netherlands and/or I could support you using Skype / private messaging on gbatemp if you don't wanna do it alone.

Subhaan2703

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With a retailer at least you have a warranty and you can exchange it when it's not the right firmware.
O3dses aren't that much worth anymore. I got mine for €50 although that was a bargain. I think it's around $150 (and that's a high estimated price!) with A9LH adding maybe $10-$20 because it's a hack that takes a lot of time. The pirated games do not add to the value of the bundle. Do A9LH yourself and save yourself some money. I could do it for you if you'd ship it to the Netherlands and/or I could support you using Skype / private messaging on gbatemp if you don't wanna do it alone.
I actually pretty much did all the A9lh guide till the very last part and I got unlucky as the data input changed as I was downloading it so managed to brick my device. I'll probably try to find a new 3ds that is 10.5 or lower and if not i'll buy a o3ds. Thanks for your help!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I actually pretty much did all the A9lh guide till the very last part and I got unlucky as the data input changed as I was downloading it so managed to brick my device. I'll probably try to find a new 3ds that is 10.5 or lower and if not i'll buy a o3ds. Thanks for your help!
if you followed the a9lh guide, then you should have a nand backup, there is a really nice guy :creep: who does nand mods in the UK which would be cheaper than buying a replacement console

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Ah man, that sucks! If you need any more help you can just message me :)

Subhaan2703

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
did you make nand backups of the console you bricked?
Yeah
if you followed the a9lh guide, then you should have a nand backup, there is a really nice guy :creep: who does nand mods in the UK which would be cheaper than buying a replacement console
If i get it unbricked will i have to restart the a9lh process?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.