Misc Anyways to connect Wii to Windows XP adhoc network?

Sentari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All

Is there anyways to connect a wii to a windows xp wifi adhoc network?

Any tricks or tips? I know its best used with a router but i dont have that luxury yet.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what do u mean
like connecting online to play against other ppl/friends

if thats wat u want then you could just get a nintendo wifi usb adapter. about 50 australian dollars

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Sentari said:
Hi All

Is there anyways to connect a wii to a windows xp wifi adhoc network?

Any tricks or tips? I know its best used with a router but i dont have that luxury yet.

adhoc network? the wii isnt no psp.

If you mean WiFi yes it can connect.
Just go to the Wii settings, Internet.
And follow the steps.

suiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wii can connect trough ad-hoc mode... at least at my home it works, this because my router is very far & signal from wii is very weak
ph34r.gif

you must have of course 2 wifi cards, for example my setup is made trough internal laptop wifi card + a very poor/old/simple usb wifi card:

1. the internal wifi card is my primary connection, just configured to go outside internet

2. external old usb wifi adapter is configured in ad-hoc mode, my SSID is "mywii", with simple WPA + TKIP password, manual IP: 192.168.0.1 (mask 255.255.255.0)

3. wii coupled on ad-hoc wifi "mywii" SSID, same password as specified on point 2, manual IP: 192.168.0.2 + gateway as 192.168.0.1 (mask 255.255.255.0)

4. internal wifi card must be setted for sharing internet connection (from XP or Vista is very simple)

5. THE END
lecture.gif

angelson1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would try connectify. It only works for windows 7 for now but i here that they will soon be coming out with an xp version though. I fixes any problems you might have by making your wifi card a legitimate access point that the wii will recognize and use naturally. It is not an ad hoc it is a real access point and works parallel to original signal so it basically bounces it back to use again. It is a wonderful program and works completely for me. I would say that is works just like everyone thinks that it should. I used it with great success.

Roth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying Connectify since last night, and frankly it does not work on Wii or my Nintendo DSi. I have it setup so that it uses WPA2-PSK. That's the only option it lets me do. I have other devices like my Nokia N900 mobile computer/smartphone, and Nokia N810 internet tablet which both connected and worked just fine. But my Wii would just keep "Testing connection..." and will not stop or even give error. My Nintendo DSi tried connecting and it gave an error: 052012 -1

On the Connectify application, it still says the device is , but it never connects.
I had to Stop Hotspot to get it to stop.

Anyway, I know of another way to get Wii, DS, and any other device to connect to the PC's Access Point (not ad-hoc?). You'll need a special USB Wi-Fi adapter that capable of both inbound and outbound. So far, I've only gotten it to work under Windows XP but having a lot of trouble testing on Windows 7. I have multiple USB Wi-Fi adapters connected and still can't seem to get the damn thing to work. I always get one of those 51332, 52232 errors, etc.

I really hope they add support for Wii and DS for that Connectify, cause right now it really stinks.

// Roth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool