Hacking Question Anyway to unban online yet?

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
My Switch got caught up in the mass banning last year and I still being banned as of now. It not a big deal before but now new Pokemon and Animal Crossing are coming, I start to regret it. Do we have any option to unban the console yet?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch got caught up in the mass banning last year and I still being banned as of now. It not a big deal before but now new Pokemon and Animal Crossing are coming, I start to regret it. Do we have any option to unban the console yet?
no, you won't be able to unban. There will be efforts, I'm sure, to create a custom network for those banned folks to interact with each other though. Not sure if it'll be successful, but it's done for mario kart 8 to race "online". Smash has something similar, unless I'm mistaken. If that's not enough, you'll want to get a new switch. Possibly sell yours for a little bit of a loss and buy a new one.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just my two cents: if you do sell it, at least do the right thing and list it as banned. it would be awful for an unsuspecting buyer to end up with one they wanted to use online. im sure theres a market for people wanting to mod that wont care about the ban

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just my two cents: if you do sell it, at least do the right thing and list it as banned. it would be awful for an unsuspecting buyer to end up with one they wanted to use online. im sure theres a market for people wanting to mod that wont care about the ban
New switch can't be hacked though, instead of selling it and fucking someone over, at the very least have the decency to buy a new switch and return the banned one, at least that only fucks a major corporation.

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New switch can't be hacked though, instead of selling it and fucking someone over, at the very least have the decency to buy a new switch and return the banned one, at least that only fucks a major corporation.
How about instead of fucking over anyone, you just don't be a piece of shit. If you sell the console, make sure to mentioned that it's banned, but also mention that it is a hack-able model. People looking for hack-able models won't give a shit if it's banned.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He literally stated sell as is to someone who doesn't care.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
return the banned one, at least that only fucks a major corporation.
Err yep exactly how does that work? Sorry Mr Shop worker but my switch got banned and now I demand a refund for something that was totally my fault. Yep that's really gonna work.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about instead of fucking over anyone, you just don't be a piece of shit. If you sell the console, make sure to mentioned that it's banned, but also mention that it is a hack-able model. People looking for hack-able models won't give a shit if it's banned.

I don't think they need to disclose anything as long as it runs software. If the console is banned, they should plead their case to Nintendo.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think they need to disclose anything as long as it runs software. If the console is banned, they should plead their case to Nintendo.
Morally it would be the right thing to do and legally would depend on laws in your country. Here in Scotland it would be illegal to sell it without disclosing it had been online banned.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a pretty asshole thing to do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Err yep exactly how does that work? Sorry Mr Shop worker but my switch got banned and now I demand a refund for something that was totally my fault. Yep that's really gonna work.
There is a very simple illegal way to do it, and it should only be done at a major store. I don't think I can post the details.

Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if you try and sell it on ebay without stating it was banned, that's grounds for ebay to rule against you. Obviously say it's banned, but hackable. Many folks, me included, wouldn't be bothered by that. We would expect it to not be at full-price, obviously.

So, really it comes down to what you're hoping to get out of nintendo online. If just trading/battling, wait for a homebrew solution maybe. If you want more, or don't want to wait, sell honestly and buy a new/used one. Those are about your only two options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn