Question Anyway to unban online yet?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by anhminh, Oct 21, 2019.

1. anhminh
    OP

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    My Switch got caught up in the mass banning last year and I still being banned as of now. It not a big deal before but now new Pokemon and Animal Crossing are coming, I start to regret it. Do we have any option to unban the console yet?

2. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Well, not as far as I'm aware.

3. Only1chance

Only1chance Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2018
    Costa Rica
    Yep, it's called buying a new switch. Bans are server side, they won't go away.

LordRahl72 likes this.
  4. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    no, you won't be able to unban. There will be efforts, I'm sure, to create a custom network for those banned folks to interact with each other though. Not sure if it'll be successful, but it's done for mario kart 8 to race "online". Smash has something similar, unless I'm mistaken. If that's not enough, you'll want to get a new switch. Possibly sell yours for a little bit of a loss and buy a new one.

5. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    just my two cents: if you do sell it, at least do the right thing and list it as banned. it would be awful for an unsuspecting buyer to end up with one they wanted to use online. im sure theres a market for people wanting to mod that wont care about the ban

osaka35 and Ericthegreat like this.
  6. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    New switch can't be hacked though, instead of selling it and fucking someone over, at the very least have the decency to buy a new switch and return the banned one, at least that only fucks a major corporation.

7. Crusatyr

Crusatyr GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    United States
    How about instead of fucking over anyone, you just don't be a piece of shit. If you sell the console, make sure to mentioned that it's banned, but also mention that it is a hack-able model. People looking for hack-able models won't give a shit if it's banned.

Dark Ronin, osaka35 and Ericthegreat like this.
  8. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    He literally stated sell as is to someone who doesn't care.

9. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Err yep exactly how does that work? Sorry Mr Shop worker but my switch got banned and now I demand a refund for something that was totally my fault. Yep that's really gonna work.

10. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    I don't think they need to disclose anything as long as it runs software. If the console is banned, they should plead their case to Nintendo.

11. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Morally it would be the right thing to do and legally would depend on laws in your country. Here in Scotland it would be illegal to sell it without disclosing it had been online banned.

Dark Ronin, osaka35 and Ericthegreat like this.
  12. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Thats a pretty asshole thing to do.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

There is a very simple illegal way to do it, and it should only be done at a major store. I don't think I can post the details.

osaka35 likes this.
  13. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Yeah, if you try and sell it on ebay without stating it was banned, that's grounds for ebay to rule against you. Obviously say it's banned, but hackable. Many folks, me included, wouldn't be bothered by that. We would expect it to not be at full-price, obviously.

So, really it comes down to what you're hoping to get out of nintendo online. If just trading/battling, wait for a homebrew solution maybe. If you want more, or don't want to wait, sell honestly and buy a new/used one. Those are about your only two options.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted