Hacking Question Anyway to remain in custom firmware and take the sd card out?

freedom099

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys kinda new to this

just finally managed to do custom firmware, and wanted to add checkpoint
i had to check out the sd card (i didn't turn off the switch)

but after i added checkpoint on, the switch was off and custom firmware was gone

is there a way to keep it?

so every time i add more things to the sd card i have to keep loading custom firmware again?

thank you in advance

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, you need to power off your Switch whenever you want to remove the SD card.

Second, if you don't want to remove your SD card each time you want to add something to it, use something like ftpd to send files between your computer and SD card over an FTP connection.

Third, if you power off your Switch, you will have to use a fusee payload to get back into CFW.

Reactions: freedom099

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey guys kinda new to this

just finally managed to do custom firmware, and wanted to add checkpoint
i had to check out the sd card (i didn't turn off the switch)

but after i added checkpoint on, the switch was off and custom firmware was gone

is there a way to keep it?

so every time i add more things to the sd card i have to keep loading custom firmware again?

thank you in advance
You can hotswap/eject sd in hekate.. its technically a hotswap. Launch hekate payload from homebrew menu (payload launcher/reboottopayload) and then you can take out your sd and then put it back after you're done and launch your CFW from hekate.

...Or yeah, as Lacius said, if the files are not that big, you can use ftpd.

Reactions: freedom099

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
First, you need to power off your Switch whenever you want to remove the SD card.

Second, if you don't want to remove your SD card each time you want to add something to it, use something like ftpd to send files between your computer and SD card over an FTP connection.

Third, if you power off your Switch, you will have to use a fusee payload to get back into CFW.

why not use nxmtp to send files between PC and sdcard under offline mode? while it only support less than 4GB file transport.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not use nxmtp to send files between PC and sdcard under offline mode? while it only support less than 4GB file transport.
I find FTP to be a lot more convenient, not to mention more stable.

If using FTP, one should have Incognito or 90DNS installed, of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass