Anyway to preserve cracked Apps when upgrading iPad 1?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Gagarin, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Gagarin
    OP

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've been on 4.2.1 for a while and want to update to 5.0.1. I have a ton of Apps on it, and I do not want to loose it.
    Is there anyway to backup my apps and restore them on 5.0.1 and make them running normally?
    How?

2. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Get Appsync and transfer purchases to iTunes. If you wanna backup your saves use Appbackup. I recommend to NOT update your ios to 5 because there is no untethered jailbreak for it. If you must upgrade for some apps to work, iOS 4.3.3 is the higest firmware that has an untethered jailbreak.

If you still plan to do a tethered jailbreak, use redsn0w,sn0wbreeze or ac1dsnow to jailbreak it. I also recommend after jailbreaking to download semitether on cydia. What it does is normally if a tethered jailbreaked device turns off, it wont be able to boot and you will have to rejailbreak it, which could be a big problem if you don't have a computer nearby. What semitether does is that it allows a tethered jailbreaked device to still boot into iOS even after a reboot. However things like cydia apps and cracked apps WILL not be able to be usable untill a rejailbreak. Also Safari won't work either untill a rejailbreak. Note the "SemiThether" is only for the option if you plan to do a tethered jailbreak.

3. Gagarin
    OP

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Thanx, you know, maybe I should wait for a better solution. Thanx a lot!

4. Quietlyawesome94

Member Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Use iFunBox. It has an option to convert your apps to .IPA files. once you are upgraded just navigate to the Installous downloads folder and place the files in there, and use "that app" to install them.
    http://www.i-funbox.com/