Hacking Anyway to play GBA ambassador games?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
But wouldn't it nag me to update my sysnand then?

because you inject the ticket.db? or install the games? no
if you connect to wifi, and give the 3ds enough time to check the server and see there is a new update, then yes.
but if you get the nag and you are on sysnand you can remove it by going into the recovery update mode, i forget exactly how to enter it though :)

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know what I'm missing here because I can't run any Ambassador GBA game on PBT-CFW. They get stuck on the black screen just like when I use Gateway.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I don't know what I'm missing here because I can't run any Ambassador GBA game on PBT-CFW. They get stuck on the black screen just like when I use Gateway.

hmm well i have had quite a few confirmations that they work so i'm not sure what it going wrong for you.
maybe the cias are not good? or are they your actual games?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hmm well i have had quite a few confirmations that they work so i'm not sure what it going wrong for you.
maybe the cias are not good? or are they your actual games?
I used those Japanese GBA CIAs made with FunkyCIA. Maybe it's becuase my 3DS is american?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I used those Japanese GBA CIAs made with FunkyCIA. Maybe it's becuase my 3DS is american?

hmm no because people said they were able to boot them using devmenu.
because, PBT does not give region free, or at least, it does not show out of region stuff on the home menu, but if you force it to load, people did say it worked...

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hmm no because people said they were able to boot them using devmenu.
because, PBT does not give region free, or at least, it does not show out of region stuff on the home menu, but if you force it to load, people did say it worked...
Well they must've done something different. I think the only thing out of the ordinary on my sysnand is that DS cart whitelist you made. I wonder if that has any side effect...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well they must've done something different. I think the only thing out of the ordinary on my sysnand is that DS cart whitelist you made. I wonder if that has any side effect...

i really doubt it but you can always remove it with FBI or something, and reinstall the original if you think it would help. but i would be surprised.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But wouldn't it nag me to update my sysnand then?
What you need is trivial since you own a gateway and legitimately own the games you're trying to play..

1)Boot into SYSNAND in Gateway mode
2)Install and run Freemultipatcher.cia ->https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/
3)Launch the eshop and download your ambassador files
4)Reboot your 3DS and play them without launching any hacks/cfw

Edit: If you have trouble with step 2 on sysnand, use devmenu.3ds or FBI.3ds with your gateway red card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s