Anyway to order the Games in alphabetical order

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Feels Good Man, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Feels Good Man
    OP

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    That FATSORT thing cant work for some reason. Im pretty sure because im not the computer admin and turned off some privileges >__>

So yeah is there a way to do this w/o downloading anything?

Thans =)

2. twit21

Member twit21 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not yet. Maybe the DSTT team will address that in the next firmware update, since so many people are complaining about it.

3. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
  4. GodMedia

Newcomer GodMedia Member

United States
    Without downloading anything? Hmmm....

Well, you need to get the ROMs somewhere... [​IMG]

...or maybe you're the one guy only running homebrew and legal backups you made yourself of your own games? [​IMG]

Seriously, FATSORT probably isn't working because you've maybe formatted your card as FAT32, not FAT. I had the same problem. DRIVESORT, however, was a dream and did the job very nicely.

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    This probably goes without saying, but yes, you can order your games in alphabetical order without downloading anything. Copy your files to your hard drive, reformat your flash card, then copy the files back to your flash card one at a time in alphabetical order, and they'll be ordered that way in the list on the DS.

-Bri

6. rwilts

Member rwilts GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    At the risk of being flammed for lack of research,,

BUT

I have just done some swapping over of roms on my card from within ROMINATOR and the new roms appear to have been placed at random locations.

What i mean is the 4 new titles are not appearing alphabetically ( known) but neither are they at the bottom of the list!

If this is the case would it be possible ( i cannot check today ) to drag the files to a specific place in the list from within Rominator to get an alphabetical order?

7. cmoneyr

Newcomer cmoneyr Newbie

United States
    This is probably a stupid question, but do you guys rename the files when you put them on your cart? I just got mine yesterday and just threw them on the card without renaming and it's a pain to figure out which game is which.

8. Ebucel

Newcomer Ebucel Member

United States
    no I don't

9. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i always run my roms through offlinelist & it renames my roms for me i like them to have number- name (region)source

10. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    cmoneyr,

I use Rominator to rename mine as they are copied to the flash card. I prefer just to have the name without any additional information.

rwilts,

Unfortunately, I believe they appear in whatever order they happen to be listed in the file table. If you delete then add new games, the old names will generally be replaced with the new ones, and they will not be in any discernable order. You can use one of the programs mentioned earlier in this thread to reorder the file table. But before you do it, you might want to make a backup of the flash card, because sometimes the file table can become corrupted durng this process, and the files will become unreadable (you have to reformat your flash card at that point).

-Bri

11. cmoneyr

Newcomer cmoneyr Newbie

United States
    Cool thanks, I'll have to give Rominator a go. I'd like to just have the name of the rom, I don't need any other info.

12. GodMedia

Newcomer GodMedia Member

United States
    Any decent renamer will let you set up the way you want your roms named.

I personally like to have ROM NAME (REGION)_NUMBER.nds

I use NDSCRC primarily for renaming my roms.

13. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    all my files are in numbered order, thats the way i put them in, thats the way they are in there