Hardware Anyway to hide consoles from toddler?

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the way we have our place set out means the ability to put my switch or ps4 in a draw isn't possible nor is that good for the consoles anyways. However our baby is just now learning to crawl/walk and has shown and interest in my ps4 and the switch wires

I found the below on another thread here and thought this is perfect to hide the consoles away but does anyone know where I can get something like the below

_20171001_090403-jpg.101009

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK even if u mount the switch what about the ps4? why dont you hide it on your drawers? make a hole just for the cables, I dunno about airflow, just search the pic on google and maybe ask the uploader for help.. Good luck.

As long as there's sufficient airflow and room, etc, it should be theoretically okay.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As long as there's sufficient airflow and room, etc, it should be theoretically okay.
The way the dock in that picture is mounted it blocks all the airflow. Whoever did that didn't think it through.
So the way we have our place set out means the ability to put my switch or ps4 in a draw isn't possible nor is that good for the consoles anyways. However our baby is just now learning to crawl/walk and has shown and interest in my ps4 and the switch wires

I found the below on another thread here and thought this is perfect to hide the consoles away but does anyone know where I can get something like the below

_20171001_090403-jpg.101009
You could order something 3D printed that would screw in to the wall mount on the back.
I found a couple wall mounts on Thingiverse but no TV mounts so you might have to design one yourself or ask someone who knows how to do it.
One of them has an Etsy store where you can buy it printed though so that might be of interest.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2707542
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3033854

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: yusuo

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The way the dock in that picture is mounted it blocks all the airflow. Whoever did that didn't think it through.
If I did that I would just have the dock the other way, not a massive issue. I just want to save my consoles from the spawn that is my child, he tried to eat my assassins creed disk the other day as he managed to eject it from the ps4

Reactions: darkseekerliu

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Without knowing your setup I can't say, and similarly I don't know your budget for this sort of thing.

There are however many fronted TV cabinets, some of which might have to be modified a bit with the same childproofing stuff you might give to your sink cupboards. Your mileage may vary -- by all accounts I was better at opening my baby gate than my parents

Alternatively if it is in such a location one of those wire mesh shields people put in front of fires could also do the job, maybe with a couple of hooks to keep it in place if necessary.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

You could order something 3D printed that would screw in to the wall mount on the back.
I found a couple wall mounts on Thingiverse but no TV mounts so you might have to design one yourself or ask someone who knows how to do it.
One of them has an Etsy store where you can buy it printed though so that might be of interest.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2707542
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3033854
The wall mount i posted about has it's own air flow system

Reactions: the_randomizer

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a 4 year old. She likes the Switch and cables. After a few times of telling her not to move the cables because daddy couldn't afford another device if that one broke, ending our times of fun, she now leaves it alone and asks before using it.

Point being, have a little patience, and crouch next to your little bundle of joy and just tell him to not move that specific thing.
You will get there without wasting a dime.

But I like that back support... Got tovfind one for my Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/