Hacking Anyway to have USB Hard Drive emulate SD Card?

GlowHappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been searching this forum, and I haven't found any success, so I'm finally making my first post to ask: Is there a way to force a game to treat an attached USB Hard Drive as an SD Card?

I'm wondering about this since I have a lot of Rock Band DLC (and RawkSD Customs), and I have to swap SD cards more frequently. All I found on this subject was a post saying that it wouldn't be too difficult to do so. If such a way exists, will I also have to pad out my hard drive to have less than 2GB free? Also, will it need to be formatted in FAT32? Thanks in advance.

(By the way, I know I made a typo in the title.)

ashexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GlowHappy said:
I've been searching this forum, and I haven't found any success, so I'm finally making my first post to ask: Is there a way to force a game to treat an attached USB Hard Drive as an SD Card?

I'm wondering about this since I have a lot of Rock Band DLC (and RawkSD Customs), and I have to swap SD cards more frequently. All I found on this subject was a post saying that it wouldn't be too difficult to do so. If such a way exists, will I also have to pad out my hard drive to have less than 2GB free? Also, will it need to be formatted in FAT32? Thanks in advance.

If you looked & researched hard enough like me, you'd be able to use nand emulation and have all dlc/savefiles on an external USB drive. So cool to have almost 700 songs available on the setlist without the hassle of swapping sd cards. And yes, it even works with GHWT/GH5 DLC. I'm not going to tell you exactly what you need but here are some hints on what you need:

1. You obviously need cios rev 14 for nand emulation to work
2. A 'special' loader
3. 3 pc based DLC/BIN manipulation tools
4. The right knowledge

Some people might know how I did this but claims the method is buggy i.e. leading to crashes, etc. Rest assured I've successfully ran 7 100 song set lists on Rock Band 2 continuously without a glitch (no fail on of course, just let it run till it finishes). To me USB nand emulation is 99% working. Just need to fix issues with some wiiware.
ph34r.gif

GlowHappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for answering my question! I'll do some research into that, as it sounds very promising, but I do have two quick questions: Is it possible to have NAND emulation while running a retail disc? (Yes/No is fine.) Also, will USB peripherals (like the Rock Band Guitar) function using this method?

flippinphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ashexx said:
GlowHappy said:

If you looked & researched hard enough like me, you'd be able to use nand emulation and have all dlc/savefiles on an external USB drive. So cool to have almost 700 songs available on the setlist without the hassle of swapping sd cards. And yes, it even works with GHWT/GH5 DLC. I'm not going to tell you exactly what you need but here are some hints on what you need:

1. You obviously need cios rev 14 for nand emulation to work
2. A 'special' loader
3. 3 pc based DLC/BIN manipulation tools
4. The right knowledge

Some people might know how I did this but claims the method is buggy i.e. leading to crashes, etc. Rest assured I've successfully ran 7 100 song set lists on Rock Band 2 continuously without a glitch (no fail on of course, just let it run till it finishes). To me USB nand emulation is 99% working. Just need to fix issues with some wiiware.
ph34r.gif

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but instead showing how sweet you are and telling us that you did get it working why not at least point us in the right direction? This is something I am interested in, and the internet is a place where people come to learn so why not help people out?

Gelton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ashexx,

its funny that you told me to stay quiet and yet you're blabbling your misleading information in this post. What a turd.

I'm very close to figuring this out, and when I do I'll make a post, without all the nonsense.

flippinphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gelton that is very generous of you. the guy who claims he has it working but refuses to tell his "secrets" is acting very childish. Imagine if every wii hacker was like him I bet he wouldn't have been able to do what he claims to have done if team tweezers did not release the homebrew channel or wanni didn't release any of his cios. We are all here to learn and get information enough with the I am better than you attitude cuz it sucks

hellohey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
razorback78 said:
chill out guys...
smile.gif

maybe you are looking for triiforce by wii power: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=172...mp;hl=triiforce
this is the loader for installed VC/Wiiware games off the emulated NAND.

you could also try the triiforce mrc...a mod of the triiforce with a better GUI. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184...mp;hl=triiforce

Thats what Im trying to figure out how to use right now. I cant find any instructions how to set it all up tho. Especially how to run games from USB instead of SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2