ROM Hack Anyway to do pokemon trading on 1 hacked switch?

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just curious, I have Pokemon sword and shield on my hacked Nintendo switch, is there anyway to trade between the games using 1 Nintendo switch?

I know there is a bot trader on discord and such but I assume you would need to be online for it to work? Unless hooking up your switch to your PC using USB cable while being offline would work as well?

Any solutions besides using pkhex?

Anyways probably a hard no but just thought I'd ask anyways, cheers.

Last edited by Geridious4,

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use pkhex, clone your pkmn then copy it to the destination savefile.

appreciate the reply, that was my last solution in order to complete the pokedex etc but was seeing if there are any other options besides that. ill edit post.

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could always spin up a Switch emulator on your computer and then use it as a 2nd switch to trade with

thanks for the reply, problem is my computer isn't very gamer friendly haha don't know if it could handle it,

however did not know this was even possible.

CitizenStile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either Yuzu or Ryujinx. I've personally had a decent experience using Ryujink and it was dead simple to setup. Once the emulator is up and running you could open pkmn sw/sh on it and it should have local internet access. Assuming you have local internet access on your switch (I recommend Incognito and the DNS patch which I cant recall the name of off hand to keep yourself from being banned) you would just trade as though they are each their own separate switches.

@Geridious4 let me know if you have issues setting up Ryujinx let me know and I will do what I can to help :)

EDIT: the DNS patch I couldn't recall the name of is 90NDS

Last edited by CitizenStile,

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either Yuzu or Ryujinx. I've personally had a decent experience using Ryujink and it was dead simple to setup. Once the emulator is up and running you could open pkmn sw/sh on it and it should have local internet access. Assuming you have local internet access on your switch (I recommend Incognito and the DNS patch which I cant recall the name of off hand to keep yourself from being banned) you would just trade as though they are each their own separate switches.

@Geridious4 let me know if you have issues setting up Ryujinx let me know and I will do what I can to help :)

greatly appreciate the replies, i will definitely have to give this a go, thanks so much, if i run into provblems ill shoot you a message cheers.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you have legal games use pokemon home, i dont have experience with emulators, so i can say anything

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open 2 Pokehex at the same time 1 will be for your GEN 8 and the other 1 will support comptable pokemon from GEN 3 to GEN 7 keep in mind your pokemon moves may need to be updated and coded as legal. There is no legitimate way of trading pokemon with only 1 switch pokehex is the best way to do it.

Last edited by Goku1992A,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are on the same tainted NAND then you can just decrypt the save and save the pokemon in pkm format file and inject into the other game.

Geridious4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just wondering, why not use pkhex, to make it easier?

I just like to get Pokemon as legit as possible, just personal preference.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Open 2 Pokehex at the same time 1 will be for your GEN 8 and the other 1 will support comptable pokemon from GEN 3 to GEN 7 keep in mind your pokemon moves may need to be updated and coded as legal. There is no legitimate way of trading pokemon with only 1 switch pokehex is the best way to do it.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah was curious is there was any other way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.