Hacking Anyway to copy gamecube saves to other memory cards?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I was using the 250 block black memory card but then I upgraded to a 1019 block white memory card. I wanted to transfer all my saves onto the white memory card so I have all my games on one card. But there are some games I have that cannot be copied over. (Chao garden from SA2B, Pokemon Colloseum, Pokemon XD) Is it possible to unblock whatever is preventing me from copying data over?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its possible for nontransferable Wii saves to be transferred over using priloader but can the same be done for gamecube saves?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe try using this. With it you might be able to copy the protected saves to an SD Card and then back onto your other memory card, haven't tried myself with protected saves.

Edit: Fixed a stupid typo

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second LinkFan16 recommended action. Its really about the only way to backup your saves. I wish GameCube Save sites werent so scare
frown.gif
I found a forum a while back that was ok but didnt have many saves, I think you can find some here too. If you have some good saves you should share them
smile.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
ShinyLatios said:
Slimmmmmm said:
A gamecube memory card can only hold saves for 1 region at a time.

Really? I have PAL and NTSC mixed through my memory card and it works and saves just fine!

Really ? Could you write a guide of how to do this..I'm sure you would stand a great chance of winning the tutorial contest as no one has ever documented it online afaik.
rolleyes.gif

For anyone reading this, don't mix region saves without a backup ! it WILL force a format on your saves and they will be gone.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you mix Europe and USA saves, it should be fine. Just don't mix them with JAP saves, because then you will have to format your memory card.

Edit: fixed a typo again... man I shouldn't type so fast

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried both NuGaSa and GCMM and neither works for both of my memory cards. From what I read both applications do not work properly with official Nintendo Memory cards so what am I left to do at this point? Is there another Save manager that can work with Official Nintendo Memory cards?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NuGaSa apparently works with official memory cards (according to the wiibrew page), although I don't have any to try, so I cant tell for sure.

What happens when you try to use your memory cards with it?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use NuGaSa it instructs me to either press 1 for backup or press 2 for restore. I press 1 and nothing happens at all. There isnt anything happening on screen to indicate that I'm doing any action at all. The only button that works is press home button to go back to loader. I installed NuGaSa through the homebrew Browser to make sure it puts the correct files on my SD card. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong with NuGaSa, it doesn't show any action at all when I press any button except for home button?

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
None of the Wii memory card managers work with Nintendo cards. Your other option is to try an app in GameCube mode. They work fine there...

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If Tantric is right then the only app that I could find was this but to use that, you need an SD Gecko.

While I was looking around, though, I found some info, so try this:
[*]Start System menu, and unplug the memory card. wait 1 second and then plug it back in the wii[*]Go to the settings menu in system menu[*]Go to the Data management menu; followed by the save menu[*]Go to the Gamecube menu and look at the card you wish to use (in slot A)[*]hit the back button untill you are back at the main menu (channel selection) and start Homebrew channel[*]boot NuGaSa

If those still don't work then try those steps with this app (which is the app those steps were made for in the first place)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
@ lolwut..ty m8
smile.gif

Wonder if this would transfer the games tied to a card (F-Zero,Pokemon etc..?)

@ Tantric (if you're reading still)
I thought I'd read about a year ago you, or emukid, or both wrote some code that does the "unlocking" for the official mem cards to save the user needing to visit the data management screen, was this source released or used in released apps ?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slimmmmmm said:
ShinyLatios said:
Slimmmmmm said:
A gamecube memory card can only hold saves for 1 region at a time.

Really? I have PAL and NTSC mixed through my memory card and it works and saves just fine!

Really ? Could you write a guide of how to do this..I'm sure you would stand a great chance of winning the tutorial contest as no one has ever documented it online afaik.
rolleyes.gif

For anyone reading this, don't mix region saves without a backup ! it WILL force a format on your saves and they will be gone.

No problem here also. Mixed ntsc with Pal, No problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: