Anyway to compile multiple GBA roms and put in EZflash 3-in-1?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by tomrev, Jun 22, 2010.

1. tomrev
    OP

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Newer EZflash 3in1 have 64MB of NOR memory which it's look like never been used. Is there anyway to use it for permanent multiple games storage? Or someways for using extra ram that no official game been used?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Only if you got a EZ-Flash V slot1 like the EZ-Flash Vi with the 1.09b11 firmware with multi-rom mode enabled. Everyone else (that includes those that use an AK2/i) is limited to the first 32MB.

Even the current K3.0b1 on the EZ-Flash Vi has multi-rom mode disabled.

3. tomrev
    OP

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for your Nice info! I followed your sig. links for digging more info of this card and got what I need.

4. antipode

Newcomer antipode Newbie

United States
    Any idea if any places are selling bundles of the EZ-Flash Vi and the 3-in-1+? Seems like if you need both to use the extra ram, they ought to be sold together.

5. toejam316

Member toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    They don't anymore, but Deal Extreme did have that exact offer.
    However, the extra features of the Plus only really work under 1.90 OB1, and that firmware is pretty useless for anything more then using your EZ-Vi with GBA ROMs.

6. antipode

Newcomer antipode Newbie

United States
    Unfortunately, that's pretty much EXACTLY what I want to do - but thanks for your help, I'll keep looking around.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    They have it bundled, the only thing is that the bundles are with the older versions of the EZ-Flash V. Not many places carry the bundled version because the slot1 they get first is normally not a EZ-Flash V.

8. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Back in early GBA flash cart days there were some tools out to build multiple ROM images in to one file to burn to carts that didn't support multiple ROM's. Can't for the life of me remember the name of one, but if you find one it would probably work for what you want to do... But said tools run on your PC not your flash carts.

Hmm... I wonder, does PogoShell run on the 3-in-1? I've never even thought about trying it.