Misc Anyway to add a proxy server to the config?

Blightfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, basically i would like to try using the wireless in school, i am able to connect to the wireless points, but without inputting the proxy server information i would be unable to get online. Is there anyway to do this? playing mario kart in school would be awesome
biggrin.gif

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A proxy through Nintendo Wifi would be extremley laggy. Plus why not connect just straight to it? Also isnt your school suppose to have a WEP key? Anyway a proxy on the DS isnt gonna happen it would be way to slow with the already weak signal you would be getting.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah my school doesnt use a wep key..it uses a proxy...ds has no problem picking up a signal at my school...but like any app on my laptop that needs to make a connection to any outside source from my schools connection, my ds lite would need a proxy b/c even tho it sees all the possible wifi connections at my school, connection tests and actually connecting to a game always fail regardless of the signal strength.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
yeah, you need the proxy name and port number
lucky your school doesn't have a wep key, mine does

but i got it off a trusting teacher
lol

still, no wifi at college cus of the wep

tho, i havent tried using my Nintendo WiFi adapter on my laptop at college...

liamnoel

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, i have the same problem. Im using the internet on laptop with proxy and when i connected DS to laptop he is displayed the error code 52100.

liamnoel

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, i have the same problem. Im using the internet on laptop with proxy and when i connected DS to laptop he is displayed the error code 52100.
P.S. Sorry for my poor English
smile.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, basically i would like to try using the wireless in school, i am able to connect to the wireless points, but without inputting the proxy server information i would be unable to get online. Is there anyway to do this? playing mario kart in school would be awesome
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, there is no way.

A proxy through Nintendo Wifi would be extremley laggy. Plus why not connect just straight to it? Also isnt your school suppose to have a WEP key? Anyway a proxy on the DS isnt gonna happen it would be way to slow with the already weak signal you would be getting.

You don't know what a proxy is. (Hint www.cgiproxy.us is not a proxy)

QUOTE(mr_blonde_88 @ Mar 5 2007, 02:01 AM)tho, i havent tried using my Nintendo WiFi adapter on my laptop at college...

That may work, however, if your college has any half-decent security system then they won't let you out on ports other than 80.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free