Anyway to add a proxy server to the config?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Blightfire, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Blightfire
    OP

Blightfire Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2006
    Senegal
    Hi, basically i would like to try using the wireless in school, i am able to connect to the wireless points, but without inputting the proxy server information i would be unable to get online. Is there anyway to do this? playing mario kart in school would be awesome [​IMG]

2. teH XeRO

teH XeRO GBAtemp Fan

Jun 19, 2006
    United States
    bump..im curious as well

3. minger

minger GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2006
    Count me in if you guys figure this out.

4. Verocity

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    A proxy through Nintendo Wifi would be extremley laggy. Plus why not connect just straight to it? Also isnt your school suppose to have a WEP key? Anyway a proxy on the DS isnt gonna happen it would be way to slow with the already weak signal you would be getting.

5. teH XeRO

teH XeRO GBAtemp Fan

Jun 19, 2006
    United States
    nah my school doesnt use a wep key..it uses a proxy...ds has no problem picking up a signal at my school...but like any app on my laptop that needs to make a connection to any outside source from my schools connection, my ds lite would need a proxy b/c even tho it sees all the possible wifi connections at my school, connection tests and actually connecting to a game always fail regardless of the signal strength.

6. mr_blonde_88

mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

Jul 18, 2006
    Bristol (UK)
    yeah, you need the proxy name and port number
    lucky your school doesn't have a wep key, mine does

but i got it off a trusting teacher
    lol

still, no wifi at college cus of the wep

tho, i havent tried using my Nintendo WiFi adapter on my laptop at college...

7. liamnoel

liamnoel Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2006
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hi, i have the same problem. Im using the internet on laptop with proxy and when i connected DS to laptop he is displayed the error code 52100.

8. liamnoel

liamnoel Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2006
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hi, i have the same problem. Im using the internet on laptop with proxy and when i connected DS to laptop he is displayed the error code 52100.
    P.S. Sorry for my poor English [​IMG]

9. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    That may work, however, if your college has any half-decent security system then they won't let you out on ports other than 80.