Hacking Anyway of getting the source out of a .dol?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Such a shame, i mean some of the coders upload the source, they say its open source and they have source ready, yet you go and download it and it cannot compile as areas are missing!
Shokking....
i hope their is a little tool that can gather up the contents from inside the .dol

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
ill have a look into that, surely there is a tool that allows us to get into the .dol or .elf and capture the source
smile.gif

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which program are you referring to that's "open source" but not buildable? I'd be glad to do some makefile writing.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Which program are you referring to that's "open source" but not buildable? I'd be glad to do some makefile writing.

SD Explorer 1.0b
Dragon Media Player both of them to have sources on wiibrew but they aint the full sources.
also homebrew browser i want to edit

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
You not having the prerequisites for compiling their app doesn't mean the developers haven't included full sources. Why would they include libraries that they didn't write?

Also, it's called disassembly, but it won't lead to C source code, just assembly language.

Just read the error message, find the required library, get library, try again.

XeroCure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
well what ever, the sources are broken so i cant edit and compile then, was hoping for a tool that could possibly take out the ingredients of the .dol or .elf
smile.gif
hehe
I doubt that they're broken.. I've downloaded a few sources and I've have to hunt to missing libraries they've included.. just try googling the file name listed in the error.. and if they haven't included the source try asking them personally to see if they're willing to let you have it.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I doubt that they're broken.. I've downloaded a few sources and I've have to hunt to missing libraries they've included.. just try googling the file name listed in the error.. and if they haven't included the source try asking them personally to see if they're willing to let you have it.
already tried that otherwise i wouldn't have posted this, this is hopefully an alternative to going inside the dol for the source.

roy_hu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
already tried that otherwise i wouldn't have posted this, this is hopefully an alternative to going inside the dol for the source.
Can you get the source from .exe or elf files on linux. No, you cannot. The same with dol on wii.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
''Capture the source'' sounds as if you'd reach inside the dol and grab a perfectly preserved source, but that's just not how it works. Fact of the matter is that when you compile a source, nearly everything gets changed (hence Compiled). So no, you can't grab sources out of programs, dols, elfs, dlls, or whatever extension.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
''Capture the source'' sounds as if you'd reach inside the dol and grab a perfectly preserved source, but that's just not how it works. Fact of the matter is that when you compile a source, nearly everything gets changed (hence Compiled). So no, you can't grab sources out of programs, dols, elfs, dlls, or whatever extension.
I know you cant, i was just saying that a tool which could gather up the source like that would be easier and a handy tool to use.
I was just mentioning it as devkipro isn't very windows friendly, never mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.