OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wirecon.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I have an opportunity to grab either a GO or a 2000 for a REALLY good price (Both if I wanted, but I don't see a reason, unless there are good multi-player games? Do emulators support WIFI local play with another PSP?)

I've read most of the threads, heard all the arguments, but I wanted to know if anything has changed. The only thing drawing me away from the GO is the fact that the controls seem cramped. Anybody have anything to add? I am REALLY intrigued by the GO and playing PS1 games on my TV with the cradle, but doesn't the 2000 have video out as well?

M2 cards have come down in price, unless there's a micro SD adapter that works with the GO? (Yes, I've researched it, and from what I understand, it's hit or miss right?)

Sorry to rehash an old topic but I'm buying one of them tomorrow (Unless you can sell me on buying both) and just wanted an update.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Go has compatibility issues with some of the homebrew I believe. Although it's probably just the config file usually.

NickRay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a go and have never had any problems with any home brew, however the controls do suck. When I have my gameboy sp next to me along with the go, I always choose to play the gameboy. Also, the screen scratches like mad. Mine has two deep scratches from who knows where because it's always in a sunglass bag to protect it, yet still gets scratches somehow. The battery life isn't brilliant either. The 2000 however has an absolutely terrible screen and that makes it a no-go for me. The AGS 101 sp and the Go have very high quality displays.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is the general rule. If you are a pirate and don't have any problems with the smaller controls, get the go. If you are not a pirate* (and don't already have a PSP with a UMD drive to dump all your games), get the 2000. If you are not comfortable with the smaller controls on the go and want/need bigger ones, get the 2000.

*Note that by pirate I mean downloading all your ISOs. For the purposes of this discussion, it is still piracy even if you own the UMD discs for all the games you download.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
As someone who bought a Go not all that long ago, I love this thing. The 16GB internal storage is more than enough for me, so no need to invest in memory otherwise, and the form factor is wonderful for my hands. Honestly, my pinkies go numb from disuse less on the Go than on larger handhelds. I think the biggest thing that could stop somebody up is that POPS compatibility does suffer in that everything between 3.71 and prior to 6.20 doesn't work which means the handful of especially troublesome PS1 games like Dragon Warrior VII may not work for you in a playable fashion due to needing one of those incompatible POPS versions to function perfectly. That is the only caveat I can see though. The screen is good, the sound is fine, and I prefer the compact size to that of the 2000.

In the long run though, I'd just buy whichever you like more. There is very, very little difference between all the different models for the most part in terms of homebrew and game compatibility, so it really comes down to whichever is more comfortable to hold and looks better to you.

KingUniverse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wirecon.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So, this is gonna sound crazy, but this is why I love Craigslist. It turns out the "2000" she told me about, was the new PS Vita 2000. I got the GO and the Vita 2000 for $40 .. ... Is it illegal to not tell someone what something is really worth? I feel like I stole from her .. ...

Reactions: cearp

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want my lost PSP3000 back. I miss it so much.
Nobody has another cheap PS Vita to sell?
That might lessen my longing.
Hell, I envy that lucky deal you made.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As someone who bought a Go not all that long ago, I love this thing. The 16GB internal storage is more than enough for me, so no need to invest in memory otherwise, and the form factor is wonderful for my hands. Honestly, my pinkies go numb from disuse less on the Go than on larger handhelds. I think the biggest thing that could stop somebody up is that POPS compatibility does suffer in that everything between 3.71 and prior to 6.20 doesn't work which means the handful of especially troublesome PS1 games like Dragon Warrior VII may not work for you in a playable fashion due to needing one of those incompatible POPS versions to function perfectly. That is the only caveat I can see though. The screen is good, the sound is fine, and I prefer the compact size to that of the 2000.

In the long run though, I'd just buy whichever you like more. There is very, very little difference between all the different models for the most part in terms of homebrew and game compatibility, so it really comes down to whichever is more comfortable to hold and looks better to you.

I had an horrendous time figuring out DW7 for the PSP3000 (which also has the same POPS issues as the go i believe) but the only answer for that game is to use a separate eboot for each disc as I found out its actually a rare game that saves right before the disc swap. So you save, and then just load up disc 2 and it carries on. Luckily, both the Go and the 3000 will run it this way on 3.52. However, I've not come across any game yet (in perhaps 150 or so) that require specifically a POPS version that is out of reach of compatibility of the 3000 and the Go. 99% run fine these days on 6.60

KingUniverse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wirecon.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So I FINALLY got a power cable for my PSP Go (Screw proprietary equipment, and ANY company that uses it). Anyway, I was wondering if CFW works with a Micro SD -> M2 card. The ones that have a slot for a Micro SD card but work in the M2 slot?

If so, what are the limitations or drawbacks?

Thanks again guys for your help. I'll put the PS Vita in a drawer until "native" CFW is released for it. (How close are we by the way?)

Trophies
XP
Country
when i look at my old scruffy psp 1000 and the go, it feels so dated but considering how old it is, it's normal I guess. It feels like I should upgrade but i'm still essentially buy the same device in a new shell. so expensive too.. hmm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8