Anything interesting that I can do on 9.7 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ThomasRobertWade, Nov 27, 2015.

1. ThomasRobertWade
    OP

ThomasRobertWade GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2012
    Just got a 3DS back from a friend who borrowed it, and I'm wondering what I could do on it that's interesting. It has an old version of Ironfall, so I could put the Homebrew Launcher on it using OoT, but is there anything that I can do that has been blocked since? It would be nice to use it for something, but I can't do CFW as far as I'm aware (that can only be done ≤9.2, I think), and I already have my main New 3DS and my backup 3DS XL with the Homebrew Launcher. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. kennyhi123

kennyhi123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
  3. Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow Ruthless Pirate

Banned
    Nov 17, 2015
    United States
    The Black Pearl
    Yeah using OOTHax and Ironhax installer i think you could get Ironhax working...

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Try the homebrew forum for better info.

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You can't really do much with it that you can't already do with your others.
    Since it's 9.7, though, you should be able to run browserhax, I guess. If your others are 9.9+ (though it already has a workaround for New 3DS so that isn't anything really new.)

6. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    You can watch youtube videos, play demos, F2P games and if you live in the United States you can watch netflix on it.

There are also some interesting budget games on eShop if you're willing to spend a bit.

7. kurodax

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    and you can buy and play a legit game, if you want it

8. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    There's a lot that you can do with homebrew. Sadly, no pirating for you but with HANS you can do rom hacks. You can get custom themes and stickers as well. Can emulate SNES/NES/GB/C/A/etc.

If you want piracy then you can go the Sky3DS route, but I would wait a while before doing that if I were you.

MelonGx likes this.