Gaming Anything I can do with my messed up ds lite?

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My little niece was over a few weeks ago and she was messing with my ds lite. After she left, my little bro came to play with it and when he turns it on it just flashes and then turns off. one time he got the bottom screen to show fine but the upper screen was very very dark. Then i decided to buy a 3ds. Now when i try to turn on my ds lite the green power lid flashes and then automatically turns off with none of the screens turning on at all.
Is there anything I can do like sell it to gamestop, is it a simple problem that can be fixed? anyone have an idea of whats going on or what I can do?

thanks.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The power led is what flashes and sometimes the touch screen flashes with it,sometimes though. Links to what I need to buy please?

Either way, this process will more than likely involve taking apart your DS Lite. iFixIt has some really good guides about the DS lite as well, if I recall correctly.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not comfortable with repairing your DS Lite yourself I'm sure there are some trustworthy individuals on this fine site who would be more than happy to fix it for you.

With some form of compensation of course.

devin sig says "Want your PS3 downgraded?
Want your Xbox 360 flashed?​
Need something else done?
No problem. PM me, and we can work something out."​
you could see if he could​

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh oh oh, I've dealt with that problem 2 times already which I had to pay up to 30/40$ for the repairs (this is my case, you might find cheaper).
What occurred was neither the fuse or anything, what happened was your top screen ribbon got either cut, damaged or its just out of place.
You see, the DS when it boots it makes an auto check for itself, whenever the top screen doesn't boot (due to the ribbon) it just flashes quickly on the touch screen and turns off, if it was a quick flash on the top screen, that would mean the touch screen had some ribbon problems, unfortunately the repair isn't easy, you gotta open the DS and check if the ribbon is loose or damaged, if its loose all you need to do is pull the ribbon all the way in (careful, the ribbon can be a sensitive bitch), if you did that and it still gives you the same flash then I'm sorry buddy, you'll have to replace the top screen because there's no way to replace the ribbon without having to replace the screen.
Fortunately the top screen isn't expensive so you can find people around here who can make the repair for you pretty cheap.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh oh oh, I've dealt with that problem 2 times already which I had to pay up to 30/40$ for the repairs (this is my case, you might find cheaper).
What occurred was neither the fuse or anything, what happened was your top screen ribbon got either cut, damaged or its just out of place.
You see, the DS when it boots it makes an auto check for itself, whenever the top screen doesn't boot (due to the ribbon) it just flashes quickly on the touch screen and turns off, if it was a quick flash on the top screen, that would mean the touch screen had some ribbon problems, unfortunately the repair isn't easy, you gotta open the DS and check if the ribbon is loose or damaged, if its loose all you need to do is pull the ribbon all the way in (careful, the ribbon can be a sensitive bitch), if you did that and it still gives you the same flash then I'm sorry buddy, you'll have to replace the top screen because there's no way to replace the ribbon without having to replace the screen.
Fortunately the top screen isn't expensive so you can find people around here who can make the repair for you pretty cheap.

This is more likely the problem. When your DS Lite "blinks" on (and only the bottom screen actually blinks), then it's because the cable for the top screen knocked loose. It's not a tough repair if you have all the tools (tri-wing screwdriver, phillips-head screwdriver) and watch enough Youtube videos to know where the easy-to-break components are located.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is more likely the problem. When your DS Lite "blinks" on (and only the bottom screen actually blinks), then it's because the cable for the top screen knocked loose. It's not a tough repair if you have all the tools (tri-wing screwdriver, phillips-head screwdriver) and watch enough Youtube videos to know where the easy-to-break components are located.

Trust me, I've opened the DS multiple times and the repairs are not easy, therefore if you're not comfortable in doing the repairs, someone else who's an expert at it can help the person with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :blush::shy::wink::evil: