Anything I can do with my messed up ds lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by placebooooo, Aug 26, 2013.

1. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    My little niece was over a few weeks ago and she was messing with my ds lite. After she left, my little bro came to play with it and when he turns it on it just flashes and then turns off. one time he got the bottom screen to show fine but the upper screen was very very dark. Then i decided to buy a 3ds. Now when i try to turn on my ds lite the green power lid flashes and then automatically turns off with none of the screens turning on at all.
    Is there anything I can do like sell it to gamestop, is it a simple problem that can be fixed? anyone have an idea of whats going on or what I can do?

thanks.

2. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    it sound like you have a fuse problem.
    if it is a fuse problem you can remove and replace the fuses or remove and bridge the connection

3. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    I have no idea how to do that and have no idea what you mean. Is it something I can do on my own i dont even have tools for it.

4. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    you said that is flashs then turn off.
    is it the power led that flashs or is the the screens?

5. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    The power led is what flashes and sometimes the touch screen flashes with it,sometimes though. Links to what I need to buy please?

6. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States

Either way, this process will more than likely involve taking apart your DS Lite. iFixIt has some really good guides about the DS lite as well, if I recall correctly.

7. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    If you're not comfortable with repairing your DS Lite yourself I'm sure there are some trustworthy individuals on this fine site who would be more than happy to fix it for you.

With some form of compensation of course.

8. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Like who? Also now i noticed that my ds lite doesnt power up at all anymore :(

9. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    devin sig says "Want your PS3 downgraded?
    Want your Xbox 360 flashed?​
    Need something else done?
    No problem. PM me, and we can work something out."​
    you could see if he could​

10. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I have a local business that does computer and game console repair, I could do it for you but how can I prove I'm trustworthy? My eBay and Amazon feedback perhaps?

11. Isaac

Isaac American

Dec 8, 2012
    United States
    Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
    I've had this problem before. My solution may not work but it did for me. Hold the power button up for about 10 seconds then try turning it on. Do this a few times if it doesn't work. Hope I helped.

12. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Link me your store on ebay please.

13. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Oh oh oh, I've dealt with that problem 2 times already which I had to pay up to 30/40$ for the repairs (this is my case, you might find cheaper).
    What occurred was neither the fuse or anything, what happened was your top screen ribbon got either cut, damaged or its just out of place.
    You see, the DS when it boots it makes an auto check for itself, whenever the top screen doesn't boot (due to the ribbon) it just flashes quickly on the touch screen and turns off, if it was a quick flash on the top screen, that would mean the touch screen had some ribbon problems, unfortunately the repair isn't easy, you gotta open the DS and check if the ribbon is loose or damaged, if its loose all you need to do is pull the ribbon all the way in (careful, the ribbon can be a sensitive bitch), if you did that and it still gives you the same flash then I'm sorry buddy, you'll have to replace the top screen because there's no way to replace the ribbon without having to replace the screen.
    Fortunately the top screen isn't expensive so you can find people around here who can make the repair for you pretty cheap.

14. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    http://www.ebay.com/usr/the_magpye_trader

If any other parts are needed for the repair I'll give you the eBay links to the best prices for sellers based in the U.S.

15. rs1n

rs1n Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2013
    United States
    This is more likely the problem. When your DS Lite "blinks" on (and only the bottom screen actually blinks), then it's because the cable for the top screen knocked loose. It's not a tough repair if you have all the tools (tri-wing screwdriver, phillips-head screwdriver) and watch enough Youtube videos to know where the easy-to-break components are located.

16. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Trust me, I've opened the DS multiple times and the repairs are not easy, therefore if you're not comfortable in doing the repairs, someone else who's an expert at it can help the person with that.