Gaming Anything I can do about my DS Lite?

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A while back, I opened my DS Lite, although I'm not sure why, maybe to clean the buttons. Anyways, one of the screws had been stripped, so I had to put the system back together. The buttons felt wrong (X and Y were stiff while A and B were soft) but otherwise, it worked normally. A few weeks later though, if would no longer turn on, even with the charger plugged in. Only the orange light would turn on.

Is there anything I can do about this? Or is it just about worthless?

Reactions: Alexander1970

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A while back, I opened my DS Lite, although I'm not sure why, maybe to clean the buttons. Anyways, one of the screws had been stripped, so I had to put the system back together. The buttons felt wrong (X and Y were stiff while A and B were soft) but otherwise, it worked normally. A few weeks later though, if would no longer turn on, even with the charger plugged in. Only the orange light would turn on.

Is there anything I can do about this? Or is it just about worthless?
If you keep charging it for 15 minutes-1 hour it still doesn't power on?

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Even if you try really hard to turn it on in the short time when the light is on?
Nope
But well it sounds like a blown fuse or maybe even just a broken power switch
The power switch is on the side with the stripped screw, so I don't think there's anything I could do about that without breaking something.

Last edited by banjo2, , Reason: gbatemp your bbcode is so unfunny
Reactions: Alexander1970

Wii_Shaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience the batteries on the DS lite seem to crap out a whole lot more than the other DS models.

Did you buy the DS new or used? If it's used, the previous owner could have taken it apart and messed with some stuff.

Either way, I recommend buying an aftermarket battery if you can figure out how to remove the screw. Probably replace the screw also, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg