Anything better than Orb?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davidw89, Jul 2, 2008.

Jul 2, 2008

Anything better than Orb? by davidw89 at 10:12 AM (1,731 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. davidw89
    OP

Member davidw89 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Is there any homebrew program that can do what Orb does, i.e. stream content from your computer to the wii. With orb it keeps stopping every 5 sec then buffering. I have tried to pause it and let it buffer but it's terrible..oh and it can stream avi + srt subtitles either (another letdown). What are you guys using (program wise) for wii streaming?

2. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Weezo's nice.
    Honestly, streaming video to the wii is something you'll toy with for a few days, then get bored with.

3. davidw89
    OP

Australia
    There's no program that can run .avi etc off a SD card...

4. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Yeah, MFE I think...
    I've heard it's rubbish anyway, so I wouldn't bother. Besides, it's not like you don't have a computer or DVD player right!

5. jwcgator

Member jwcgator GBAtemp Regular

United States
    MFE For the Wii works perfectly fine with .AVI movies, as a matter of fact I was watching a movie on my Wii the other day and it was playing perfectly. While it may not have a good interface (you also need a GC controller to make it work), it's completely functional.

6. davidw89
    OP

Australia
    Hey there awesome!! I have a Gamecube Controller (4 in fact) so should be good to go. But the latest one is in .ELF...do you know anyone who has made a homebrew channel version? Anyway since its 1am here, i'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how it goes. Does it support .SRT btw?