Anything better than Orb?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davidw89, Jul 2, 2008.

1. davidw89
    OP

davidw89 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2008
    Is there any homebrew program that can do what Orb does, i.e. stream content from your computer to the wii. With orb it keeps stopping every 5 sec then buffering. I have tried to pause it and let it buffer but it's terrible..oh and it can stream avi + srt subtitles either (another letdown). What are you guys using (program wise) for wii streaming?

2. Hitto

Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

Nov 29, 2005
    France
    Nice, France
    Weezo's nice.
    Honestly, streaming video to the wii is something you'll toy with for a few days, then get bored with.

3. davidw89
    OP

davidw89 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2008
    There's no program that can run .avi etc off a SD card...

4. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2007
    Behind you! I know you looked!
    Yeah, MFE I think...
    I've heard it's rubbish anyway, so I wouldn't bother. Besides, it's not like you don't have a computer or DVD player right!

5. jwcgator

jwcgator GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2007
    United States
    MFE For the Wii works perfectly fine with .AVI movies, as a matter of fact I was watching a movie on my Wii the other day and it was playing perfectly. While it may not have a good interface (you also need a GC controller to make it work), it's completely functional.

6. davidw89
    OP

davidw89 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2008
    Hey there awesome!! I have a Gamecube Controller (4 in fact) so should be good to go. But the latest one is in .ELF...do you know anyone who has made a homebrew channel version? Anyway since its 1am here, i'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how it goes. Does it support .SRT btw?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice