AnyRegion Changer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by science, Dec 1, 2008.

Dec 1, 2008

AnyRegion Changer by science at 3:11 AM (3,661 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. science
    OP

Member science science rules

Canada
    AnyRegion Changer
    Change the Region of Your Wii
    AnyRegion Changer is an application which allows you to make non-temporary changes to various region and language settings on your Wii's SYSCONF and setting.txt files. You may call this a "Region Mod," i.e. the settings will persist. It also allows you to install the System Menu of another region if you so desire.

[​IMG]

The latest update to the shop channel BREAKS SHOP COUNTRY REGION CHANGING! Be warned that your Wii may be stuck in a certain region for the shop for the time being.

Do not use this homebrew unless you know what you are doing. Misuse of this application could result in the bricking of your Wii.

Full Changelog

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] More Info - Read First Before Using
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    A new version of AnyRegion changer? Why didn't you post the changelog?

3. science
    OP

Canada
    Thanks, I knew I forgot something. I updated the first post

4. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    The Wii homebrew news on GBAtemp are really far behind. [​IMG]
    Offtopic Edit: I need to change my avatar and sig back, CBA though.

5. jamesalfred

Newcomer jamesalfred Member

Indonesia
    Sorry, just wanna ask, but what's this program? It can change Wii's region? So, my JAP Wii can be converted to US? Is it safe? Also, what about firmware update? Will the update detect AnyRegion Changer? Thanks.

6. science
    OP

Canada
    How can you even say that when I update it every day, yet NDS news is updated whenever

There was one new Wii homebrew released today, and I am going to post it, I just am doing my homework first. That is really far behind? Give me a break. If I am doing such a bad job, go here and submit it yourself: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=156

Fuck.

7. Sephiroth*

Newcomer Sephiroth* Newbie

Germany
    hey guys!

I'm having some weird problems with anyregionchanger...maybe somebdy here can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I just want to swich from PAL to NTSC entirely so I switch everything to ntsc/usa/english. then I install 3.2U which should be done without any problems...but after downloading and installing the first content 1-9 I get a weird message that says:

"Loaded IOS 255
    Reinitializing...
    Identifying as SU...Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017)"

so apparently something went wrong,however, it continues installing the firmware.at the end, where I have to press any key o continue another error appears:

"Press any key to continueError! ES_OpenTitleContent (ret = -1026)"

then I have to press any key again to continue...I'm being sent back to the anyregionchanger where the programm can't identify my firmware anymore...it should say "U" but instead there's just a ".".also the mismatch warning appears on the screen which shouldn't appear because of the installation of 3.2U. finally when I save the settings again another error appears:

"Saving...Unexpected Error: SYSCONF_SaveChanges Value: -1017"

after this error the wii crashs and I have to reset the wii,however, after the reboot everything seems to be installed just fine...no semi-brick, firmware: 3.2U.when I go back to the anyregionchanger now, the program recognizes my firmware as "U" for some reason.

I tried switching from PAL to NTSC and back + from PAL to NTSC-J and back and the error keeps coming except for the combination NTSC-J to PAL.

these errors don't seem to affect my wii but still it scares me seeing my wii crashing everytime I want to change the region...anybody having the same problem + a solution for me???

thanks in advance [​IMG]