Anyone workin on- (or having tried) an Ao no Kiseki Evoltion translation insertion?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by moonblood666, Jun 18, 2019.

1. moonblood666
    OP

moonblood666 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I guess it would have come up here if it were the case, but I still ask. To my understanding the previous Zero Evo patch only came to fruition because the script was available in plain text on heroesoflegend.org and @EvilGoku wrote an insertion program/algorithm to insert the script into the game.

How about Ao? Shouldn't flame be willing to offer the plain text files of his current edit, if they are not available to the public already? It might be selfish of me and sure I'm very eager to play Ao on my PSTV over the PC version, considering how great Zero Evo looks, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd absolutely love to play Ao Evo before CS3 releases in the west. XD

Accelerator48 and PortableGuy like this.
  2. PortableGuy

PortableGuy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2018
    Gibraltar
    I’m 100% with you there, but my understanding is that there indeed two hurdles here:
    - getting the plaintext file, which isn’t a given, as you mentioned
    - doing all the insertion heavy lifting, which seems pretty time consuming, seeing all the work that was put into the Sora Evo trilogy, or even on that Zero insertion

Still, I’d love for it to happen.

3. moonblood666
    OP

moonblood666 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Well, the Zero Evo patch seems to have been much less time consuming than the Sora Evo patches. I guess this can also be contributed to the script being available in plain text, whereas, if I remember correctly, the Sora Evo team had a lot of issues basically converting/matching the Trails in the Sky PC version's script files. Come to think of it, we were extremely lucky that the old Zero translation team uploaded their script in plain text in the first place (and that it wasn't taken down).

I wonder if something similar would work if the Ao script were available in plain text.