Hacking Discussion Anyone with a recent error code, 2124-4517, 2181 4017, or anything along the words of, "Temporary"

Hacknslash0104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let the people who had recently gotten error codes like the one in the title above, that most likely its a temporary ban. IMO, it's rlly unknown how long these bans are and if u do some digging: it varies from less than 24 hours to more than 1 week like me (i have not been away from this hell yet, btw) i would love to inform others and myself if anyone knows how long these are, or if im totally wrong. Plz, if u have how long u were banned, plz type in all caps before anything u say " 'ur error code', TEMPORARY" so others can get help faster and not have a heart attack.

Gritherdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I just got my code yesterday, I just assumed it was perm, but its ok I knew what I was getting into. It would be great if it got lifted, but I don't think so. any extra info would be great.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Already permanently banned from Nintendo's online services and cannot get banned any further (unless they do decide to prohibit me from updating my system, I use ChoiDujourNX anyway).
But, word of advice: don't connect your hacked switches online, and don't play with fire kids. This temporary ban measure might lead eventually to a permanent ban, so be cautious. Unless you don't care about online play then fine.

Reactions: Deleted User

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got mine yesterday.

2124-4517 when trying to access eShop (yes, I buy games!)
2181-4017 when trying to do: Game Software Update > Via the Internet

I have been using only CFW and RetroArch for 9 months or so. This month I installed XCI from a cartridge rip I made (I wanted all my Labo games installed and available at once!) . So, entirely my fault.

Confirmed with Nintendo rep via online chat that it is temporary. They said they could not confirm how long, but to check again in a week.
They said I could provide a serial number for them to check further, but I declined at this time.

I deleted the game I had installed from my cartridge XCI rip, so will have to see if that is enough to be unbanned.

Last edited by matt!,

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Out of topic:
So when I decided to become a good boy and buy mario maker 2 with online bundle, you know because paying for online is the way to go.
Then Nintendo gave me the ban slap after 1 week.
Now I never went online for the past year of cfw and now i decided to pay for the game and they banned me? At least let me enjoy what I paid for or at least one month.

Back on topic:
Yes, that's a ban slap.

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
You want be "totally" ban safe?? Then DO NOT run, install, and/or open CFW on your Switch PERIOD.

Best scenario (if you can afford it) is: (1) Switch with CFW offline + (1) Switch without CFW to play only legit purchased games online = You're going to have a GOOD time :)

Reactions: ELY_M

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using only CFW and RetroArch for 9 months or so. This month I installed XCI from a cartridge rip I made (I wanted all my Labo games installed and available at once!) . So, entirely my fault.

That's pretty ballzy. There's practically no reason to go online with Labo, I wouldn't think the convenience of having them installed on your console would be worth risking a ban.

You want be "totally" ban safe?? Then DO NOT run, install, and/or open CFW on your Switch PERIOD.

Best scenario (if you can afford it) is: (1) Switch with CFW offline + (1) Switch without CFW to play only legit purchased games online = You're going to have a GOOD time :)

Totally unnecessary. Look into emuNAND / emuMMC. You can use it to be able to quickly switch between having a hacked switch and having a clean stock one. When done properly Nintendo has no way of knowing that you've been running CFW, for all practical purposes it's ban-proof.

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Please define "properly"; No one really knows how Big N is able to detect the CFW... your statement is more of an opinion ------> "When done properly Nintendo has no way of knowing that you've been running CFW"

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought they changed super bans (where you cant even update your fw) to just online services but my first switch is still super banned (I have a lite for online use new NNID even to be safe)

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's pretty ballzy. There's practically no reason to go online with Labo, I wouldn't think the convenience of having them installed on your console would be worth risking a ban.
Just to state, I've been online the whole time. Even the 9 months of CFW for RetroArch.

Seems like a big coincidence that the first time I installed an XCI sees me get a temp ban.

Edit: one change I also made recently was to activate AutoRCM which results in me being in CFW 24/7 which is probably a bad idea. Will switch that off.

Last edited by matt!,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please define "properly"; No one really knows how Big N is able to detect the CFW... your statement is more of an opinion ------> "When done properly Nintendo has no way of knowing that you've been running CFW"

That's where you're wrong, it's certainly not an "opinion." No, we don't have everything figured out, but we know what will obviously get you banned (going online with cheats enabled, certain edited save files, or illegit NSPs installed.) Atmosphere does manage to disable the telemetry though.

But just booting RCM mode doesn't normally leave any traces on your console. There are certain things you can do without affecting your NAND, like booting Linux, Android, or Lakka. If you boot Hekate, you can make a NAND backup, and Nintendo literally has NO way of knowing you used RCM. Then, you can use that NAND backup to create an emuMMC partition on your microSD. If you use that emuMMC partition with Atmosphere, no traces of it will be left on your NAND. After that point, the important thing is to keep your emuMMC offline.Clean sysNAND, dirty emuNAND is a good method used by a good number of people here to keep from getting banned.

There are some extra things I should mention considering I said properly:

AutoRCM: AutoRCM is a technique people use that temporarily "bricks" your console by changing BOOT0. This causes it to boot into RCM without a jig. In order to boot stock with AutoRCM enabled, you need to use Hekate or another custom bootloader. Currently we have NO evidence that Nintendo looks at this for banning purposes, but that could always change with an update. So if you want to be 100% safe, I'd suggest not using AutoRCM.

Separate microSD Card: Once again, we currently have NO evidence that Nintendo bans users based on the contents of their microSD card. But just to be on the safe side, I use a separate microSD card for my emuNAND and use a different one for when I boot stock.

Going online with emuNAND: Many people using "clean sysNAND, dirty emuNAND" will use Incognito, 90DNS, or both, to go online while in emuNAND. And currently this seems to be ban-proof. But once again, with an update, Nintendo could decide to rely on a static IP rather than DNS, or they could check for linked NNIDs on the console and ban your sysNAND based on that rather than relying on the PRODINFO that Incognito removes. So offline emuNAND is 100% safe, but it's still very unlikely you'd be banned if you used one of these other methods.

So no, it's not an "opinion", there are safe, ban-proof methods of using CFW on your Switch without buying a second Switch.

Reactions: ElonStark

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
That's where you're wrong, it's certainly not an "opinion." No, we don't have everything figured out, but we know what will obviously get you banned (going online with cheats enabled, certain edited save files, or illegit NSPs installed.) Atmosphere does manage to disable the telemetry though.

But just booting RCM mode doesn't normally leave any traces on your console. There are certain things you can do without affecting your NAND, like booting Linux, Android, or Lakka. If you boot Hekate, you can make a NAND backup, and Nintendo literally has NO way of knowing you used RCM. Then, you can use that NAND backup to create an emuMMC partition on your microSD. If you use that emuMMC partition with Atmosphere, no traces of it will be left on your NAND. After that point, the important thing is to keep your emuMMC offline.Clean sysNAND, dirty emuNAND is a good method used by a good number of people here to keep from getting banned.

There are some extra things I should mention considering I said properly:

AutoRCM: AutoRCM is a technique people use that temporarily "bricks" your console by changing BOOT0. This causes it to boot into RCM without a jig. In order to boot stock with AutoRCM enabled, you need to use Hekate or another custom bootloader. Currently we have NO evidence that Nintendo looks at this for banning purposes, but that could always change with an update. So if you want to be 100% safe, I'd suggest not using AutoRCM.

Separate microSD Card: Once again, we currently have NO evidence that Nintendo bans users based on the contents of their microSD card. But just to be on the safe side, I use a separate microSD card for my emuNAND and use a different one for when I boot stock.

Going online with emuNAND: Many people using "clean sysNAND, dirty emuNAND" will use Incognito, 90DNS, or both, to go online while in emuNAND. And currently this seems to be ban-proof. But once again, with an update, Nintendo could decide to rely on a static IP rather than DNS, or they could check for linked NNIDs on the console and ban your sysNAND based on that rather than relying on the PRODINFO that Incognito removes. So offline emuNAND is 100% safe, but it's still very unlikely you'd be banned if you used one of these other methods.

So no, it's not an "opinion", there are safe, ban-proof methods of using CFW on your Switch without buying a second Switch.

I totally agree with you regards to following all the correct steps (mentioned above) in order to be "ban-free or detection-free" from Big N.
But you know we have some users that they're not going to follow it exactly (but they should). Therefore, all I am saying is that if you can "afford" an additional switch (maybe Switch LITE); you can separate the usage from Online and Offline without worrying about being banned. Like Ronco would say "Set it and forget it" :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well ur wrong bud

So, are you "unbanned" yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended