Hacking Anyone who has a save dongle for 3DS come here please

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's just something I would like to know before I proceed with copying over a 3DS game over my own.

Two questions.

1. If I were to copy over a game that has online with it, will I still be able to go online with it or will it still recognize the Friend Code of the previous save owner?

2. Will it copy over the online records of the previous save owner? For example if I wanted a game save for Mario Kart will I be also taking their Win/Lose record?

loco365

Trophies
XP
It should, but newer games won't work because we don't have a decryption key for them. Only certain titles will work. Super Mario 3D Land won't work, for instance, and will tell you the save is corrupted, then will proceed to wipe the data.

Lomeli12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lomeli12.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't actually have a savedongle, but from what I know about it.

1. Yes, as it only copies the Save file for the game. Friend Codes are saved on the system if it's a 3DS game. You can use online with any 3DS game on any 3DS, unlike the DS where you had to play online with the same DS.
2. Yes, again, only copying the Save file.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Yes, as it only copies the Save file for the game. Friend Codes are saved on the system if it's a 3DS game. You can use online with any 3DS game on any 3DS, unlike the DS where you had to play online with the same DS.

I didnt understand the last part. Would I be taking the online data too or is that attached to the system like the Friend Code?

Lomeli12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lomeli12.net
XP
Country
United States

I didnt understand the last part. Would I be taking the online data too or is that attached to the system like the Friend Code?
Sorry, I miss read the 2nd one and worded my answer wrong. Since your records are on your save file, and the Save Dongle simply copies your save files, all your online records(except friend codes if it's 3DS game) will be copied over as well.

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC no savegames besides your latest one can actually be used on your 3DS; the game would only tell you that the save is "corrupted" and force you to wipe it. This is due to a checksum stored on the NAND.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC no savegames besides your latest one can actually be used on your 3DS; the game would only tell you that the save is "corrupted" and force you to wipe it. This is due to a checksum stored on the NAND.
I do not think nintendo would do such a thing, that would wipe our saves if we play the game once on a different console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs