Anyone who has a save dongle for 3DS come here please

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RemixDeluxe, May 27, 2012.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There's just something I would like to know before I proceed with copying over a 3DS game over my own.

Two questions.

1. If I were to copy over a game that has online with it, will I still be able to go online with it or will it still recognize the Friend Code of the previous save owner?

2. Will it copy over the online records of the previous save owner? For example if I wanted a game save for Mario Kart will I be also taking their Win/Lose record?

2. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

It should, but newer games won't work because we don't have a decryption key for them. Only certain titles will work. Super Mario 3D Land won't work, for instance, and will tell you the save is corrupted, then will proceed to wipe the data.

3. Lomeli12

Newcomer Lomeli12 Member

United States
    I don't actually have a savedongle, but from what I know about it.

1. Yes, as it only copies the Save file for the game. Friend Codes are saved on the system if it's a 3DS game. You can use online with any 3DS game on any 3DS, unlike the DS where you had to play online with the same DS.
    2. Yes, again, only copying the Save file.

4. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I didnt understand the last part. Would I be taking the online data too or is that attached to the system like the Friend Code?

5. Lomeli12

Newcomer Lomeli12 Member

United States
    Sorry, I miss read the 2nd one and worded my answer wrong. Since your records are on your save file, and the Save Dongle simply copies your save files, all your online records(except friend codes if it's 3DS game) will be copied over as well.

6. goembario

Member goembario GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Huh can ya also replace games with it?

7. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Like replace the game that is on the game card? No, that part of the card is read-only (I think).

8. celcodioc

Member celcodioc Major A$$hole

Sweden
    IIRC no savegames besides your latest one can actually be used on your 3DS; the game would only tell you that the save is "corrupted" and force you to wipe it. This is due to a checksum stored on the NAND.

9. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land ones dont work due to newer encrption so you can only load and switch your own saves

10. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I do not think nintendo would do such a thing, that would wipe our saves if we play the game once on a different console.