Anyone who had an experience with China parts?(batteries etc)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Akira, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Akira
    OP

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    I would like to know since I think my N3DS battery is faulty? I don't know where to buy official ones in my current country(UAE) so I'm thinking of buying something at Ebay, the ones who offers free international shipping. Thanks in advance

2. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Is China Parts the name of a seller on eBay?

3. Akira
    OP

Apr 28, 2013
    No no, what I mean is parts that came from China, or not the official parts.

4. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Batteries: unless they are mugen, nyko (they do not have a n3ds battery yet, only o3ds), or genuine Nintendo, stay far away. Any other last a fraction of the original battery's runtime and die faster despite them claiming to have more capacity than the stock battery.

Akira likes this.
  5. Akira
    OP

Apr 28, 2013
    Thanks for the answer

6. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    To add to previous comments, you should avoid non-branded cells from eBay because more often than not, they're old units taken from dead consoles and repackaged to look new. Or, some are made from knockoff materials and can be a fire hazard.

driverdis likes this.
  7. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    This^
    I actually had to recycle a brand new generic DS lite battery as the runtime was bad and the actual cell could be pushed down with my finger like the sides were made of thin cardboard (they probably were)

Last edited by driverdis, Jun 9, 2016