anyone watch The Dark Crystal Age Of Resistance?

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been waiting for this for a long time ,i didn't even realize it was released last week until the other day
i just binged watched 1-8 and it is Amazing
and i generally hate literally everything that has come out on TV and movies for the last 10 years at least
i think everything is complete shit ,but this really surprised me everything about it was unique and very well done

so has anyone here watched it what did you think?
i can't wait for season 2 , i mean they better make a season 2 if not i will be really disappointed since this is the 1st good thing to come out in a really long time

also what is with NF ,i heard this was released end of August so is this what they do , just release all 10 episodes at once and not weekly?
i find that really odd ,i think it kills the momentum , the suspense the buzz by doing it like that
if they staggered the episodes people would be talking about it longer and it would create more hype
latest

Last edited by weatMod,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recall it being mentioned in passing but had completely forgotten about it prior to this.

also what is with NF ,i heard this was released end of August so is this what they do , just release all 10 episodes at once and not weekly?
i find that really odd ,i think it kills the momentum , the suspense the buzz by doing it like that
if they staggered the episodes people would be talking about it longer and it would create more hype

Always a curious one. There was a show that split the series in half despite all being made and went week by week and quite a few people got very upset for some reason. I am also not entirely sure about schedules and how it works vis a vis buzz. On the flip side several such services do week by week stuff (the CBS one has a few and some shows worth noting at least have come out of it).

" and i generally hate literally everything that has come out on TV and movies for the last 10 years at least"
While there has been some utter dross I think the last ten years of TV have been the culmination of a lot of good forces that started some time back. Long form properly budgeted shows rather than villain of the week + syndication two parters/cliffhangers are now common rather than rare exceptions.

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recall it being mentioned in passing but had completely forgotten about it prior to this.

Always a curious one. There was a show that split the series in half despite all being made and went week by week and quite a few people got very upset for some reason. I am also not entirely sure about schedules and how it works vis a vis buzz. On the flip side several such services do week by week stuff (the CBS one has a few and some shows worth noting at least have come out of it).

" and i generally hate literally everything that has come out on TV and movies for the last 10 years at least"
While there has been some utter dross I think the last ten years of TV have been the culmination of a lot of good forces that started some time back. Long form properly budgeted shows rather than villain of the week + syndication two parters/cliffhangers are now common rather than rare exceptions.
the last thing i watched on TV that i actually liked before this was Mr. Robot
i am also looking forward to the new season of that
and i am really looking forward tot he new creepshow series on shudder

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yep watched the whole thing last week loved it the attention to detail in the puppets is amazing. will be interesting if there is a series 2 to see how
they all end up dying.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep watched the whole thing last week loved it the attention to detail in the puppets is amazing. will be interesting if there is a series 2 to see how
they all end up dying.
i really hope there is but i am not confident anytime something is good it gets canceled
but why does everyone keep referring to it as a "series 2" and not season 2?
maybe it has to do with what i mentioned above, how they release all at once and not weekly?
i have seen it called season 2 on some sites but most cal it series 2 not season 2

Last edited by weatMod,

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NF usually releases every episode at once now
Ami the only one who finds this kind of odd ? sure it is great that we can binge watch the whole thing all at once right away but i i kind of like having the suspense and and have it generate more buzz i think it would have made it more popular if they staggered the releases and t hat it would have increased chances of a second series/season

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's fine with me i hate waiting every week for episodes. this way i get to binge 3-4 eps a night
yeah me to but i usually just wit till the series is over of half way through and then binge watch
it doesn't really bother me i just think that it effect popularity and kills the buzz/hype
which only will bother me if it makes it so everyone forgets about it in a week and the hype dies out so quickly that it is not picked up for another season

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1