Anyone want to help me with a legacy project? (d2pro)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cpuwhiz22, Feb 21, 2014.

1. cpuwhiz22
    OP

cpuwhiz22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2014
    United States
    Hey guys,

So I was in my basement the other day and I uncovered a bunch of my old gear from my chipping days. I pulled it out and when I started going through it I found that I had a lot of non-d2e compatible d2pro chips. I have been out of the scene for so long that I thought maybe the team finally released the update for these, but what I found was that they never released the update, however the code was eventually open sourced:

https://code.google.com/p/d2project/

I grabbed the source, but thats where my project begins. The source code is written in VHDL, which I know nothing about. After a lot of hunting I ended up installing something called Libero which is an IDE for Actel ProASIC development, but I have no idea what to do in there. Further, I don't believe that the tool will talk to the d2prog and thus the chip's JTAG interface.

Does anyone out there have more experience with chip development and want to help me figure out how I can get this code running on a chip? I think it would be nice to share with the community also. I know most people have forgotten about these things, but for anyone like myself with a bunch of old stock, they are nice to have to install for friends with old systems.

Thanks!

KiiWii likes this.