Anyone wanna help get this game running on Visual Boy Advance?

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally have the english version of Terrifying 9/11, and it doesn't run on vba. It only runs on some open source gameboy emulator. It might be due to a certain protection on the rom? Then again, I have no idea how these things work : P

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would personally just inject the game into a GBC VC for your 3ds. it is a gameboy color game right?
Actually, I did this. However, the game doesn't load :/
everything else does. the application itself, i meant. Just when it boots up the top screen is black

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd. Maybe someone else can help, I'm not sure why it's doing that either. But I would be interested in seeing this game working as well.

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just play metal slug, that what it is anyway. Besides why make a game based on tragic hystorical events like 9/11! :wtf:
Because this is a piece of bootleg history! Also because there's something just so baffling about a gameboy color bootleg, BASED ON 9 FUCKING 11.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because this is a piece of bootleg history! Also because there's something just so baffling about a game boy color bootleg, BASED ON 9 FUCKING 11.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because this is a piece of bootleg history! Also because there's something just so baffling about a gameboy color bootleg, BASED ON 9 FUCKING 11.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
https://github.com/tzlion/hhugboy/releases/tag/v1.1.8 According to this, it can play the game, but probably the only current existing emulator. So i mean knock yourself out.:ninja:

Personally i will stick to official metal slug games that is arcade perfect or just play contra, which is way more fun. :P

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because this is the only one that I've come across that doesn't play on the vba. I don't blame 9/11 on all Muslims, like the other idiots of America. This game's just super interesting :)
huh why thank you so much for understanding and you know what I am going to freakin help with the best of my knowledge as I know nothing about this so yeah a good experience for me

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh why thank you so much for understanding and you know what I am going to freakin help with the best of my knowledge as I know nothing about this so yeah a good experience for me
I think we can all come together, and crack this case... With the knowledge that none of us have on this material LOL

Reactions: SahierKHLover

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can use that, yes. But my goal is to make a 3ds VC out of it. So if it doesn't run on vba, it's not gonna run on 3ds.
Your best bet is to maybe hack the rom or maybe the emulator or something. If the official gameboy can't play it, then 3DS VC will sure as balls won't either, not like nintendo suddenly made unlicense games work on official software. Try other versions of the VBA, maybe the ones on TASvideos.org that the one i use to be honest.:unsure:

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened it up in a hex editor, and then realized, I had no fuggin' clue what to look for lol
have you tried relating your problem through google or either reddit (most people go here to get an answer it more or less helps) and has you tried to look at the code of metal slugs and terrifying 9/11 (shivers) and comparing which code has changed and then maybe you can just idk guess which one has a protection law or maybe find a patch to patch the protection laws in order for anyone to play without any problems?

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried relating your problem through google or either reddit (most people go here to get an answer it more or less helps) and has you tried to look at the code of metal slugs and terrifying 9/11 (shivers) and comparing which code has changed and then maybe you can just idk guess which one has a protection law or maybe find a patch to patch the protection laws in order for anyone to play without any problems?
It's possible that I could do that.. But how does one go about examining each line of code?
Though, I do believe it's when the rom boots. It's probably a patch in the code, that detects what it's run on. And if the patch detects whatever, then it goes to a black screen.
I'm guessing this because when the rom boots, the screen flashes white, and theen goes to black.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over