Xpresive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello,
Wanted to ask, if anyone are using mentioned Custom FW and is it stable to play games etc, like, It won't brick my Nintendo Switch by loading and using it on random (I'm aware of game cartridge bug)? If something happens (like bricking) will backup of the NAND flash will help to recover switch to original state any time without any possible problems?
Thanks for answers!

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I was Updating to 9.0.1, but for some reason, it is 9.0.0 . I had the Card Bug, but I got it fixed. Otherwise, works perfectly.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
A lot of people have upgraded. I think the fear is due to the sigpatches. You need more sigpatches this time in my experience. I remember having problems with my xci games that I converted to NSP due to having only part of the sigpatches.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firmware 9.0.1 and Atmosphere 0.9.4 is perfectly fine to use in all cases, save perhaps some esoteric homebrew that was never recompiled with latest libnx to support the controller update.
Sigpatches for 9.0.0 work for 9.0.1, nothing was changed in that regard.

Reactions: Oracleofire

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does 9.0.1 affect compatibility of any homebrew?
No, because Atmosphere MITMs the controller input to make older homebrew work fine. SciresM has expressed that at some point these mitigations will be removed from Atmosphere, but hopefully by that point all of the homebrew affected will have been updated to not need it.

Oracleofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 9.0.1 and Atmosphere 0.9.4 is perfectly fine to use in all cases, save perhaps some esoteric homebrew that was never recompiled with latest libnx to support the controller update.
Sigpatches for 9.0.0 work for 9.0.1, nothing was changed in that regard.
No, because Atmosphere MITMs the controller input to make older homebrew work fine. SciresM has expressed that at some point these mitigations will be removed from Atmosphere, but hopefully by that point all of the homebrew affected will have been updated to not need it.
Awesome, all I wanted to know. Thanks!

Last edited by Oracleofire,
Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte