Anyone tried to undub "Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love"?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TyRaNtM, Apr 15, 2010.

1. TyRaNtM
    OP

Member TyRaNtM I did some projects..

Chile
    If you read about this, is a Dual Layer game for both Wii and PS2.
    Well, PS2 is having a "special" edition that has the Japanese voices, Wii only have the english ones.

The thing is.. anyone tried to undub the Wii version? The only way to do that is take the sound files of the PS2 special edition and insert it in the Wii version.
    I'm trying myself, but i don't know how to open .cvm files (in PS2 game discs).

If someone is interested, can be a great project to enjoy more this game.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I don't see it being possible unless there is a Japanese version for the Wii released. You can always play the PS2 version, though.

3. Berioth

Newcomer Berioth Advanced Member

Brazil
    not if you don't own a ps2(i used to own but dont do anymore D:)
    anyway i played it already, the voices aren't bad...never really cared about them though

4. TyRaNtM
    OP

Chile
    The Wii version is only a port of the PS2 version, is that why is possible, is we get the same audio files for both versions.
    Is somebody knows a way to open .cvm files for ps2 isos, will be great if share the way.

5. TyRaNtM
    OP

Chile
    Anyone knows how to edit ps2 games (.cvm files) to try to extract the audio files, and try to put in the Wii game?

6. maxobiwan

Newcomer maxobiwan Newbie

Angola
    I'm tying to do exatly the same thing : I've got the US disk with japanese voices and I want to open (or extract) the file layer0.cvm in order to get sound files. But I didn't find any cvm extractors...

7. happydance

Member happydance GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    you might want to approach those guys who are doing undub version of naruto's for wii.

don't know about the wii version's of naturo but i know that in PS2 version they also use those .cvm and there are some extectors for .cvm but can only open old version of it

if you guys really want it you could make a request here => alucard.cc but you have to regiter to get into the forum.

the guys there do a great job making extractors/ripkits and rebuilders for game archives.