Anyone tried the new DSTWO +? Is it worth the upgrade?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sirgilmour, Feb 6, 2016.

1. sirgilmour
    OP

sirgilmour GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    I have the original dstwo. Is it worth around 50$ with the shipping to have this upgrade?
    I would like to know if it is flawless for even mario RPG wich is one of my all time favorites and requires a lot of ram.
    I noticed that all the emulators it is working with have not been updated in years, and i don't think they will. so im not to keen on buying a card that has no current support.

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Nope. The emulators would have to be rewritten to take advantage of any new hardware. The emulators are already pretty so-so, and the 3DS capability... well long story short, let's just say they got really lazy and just threw their customers under a bus to make a quick buck. There is no support for this card on the 3DS side so good luck.

edit: I don't have the cartridge, but have played around with it a bit. Repaired 2 bricks via DSTwo. So yea, not worth the money if you already have a DSTwo

Last edited by gunner007, Feb 6, 2016
  3. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    Anyone ever played a DOS game with any chance on 3ds? if there is a dos emulator out there? I would love to play me som Land Of Lore on the go.

4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    There is a dosbox core in the retroarch pack afaik, never tried it anyway, but someone here was even able to use it to boot Windows 95 on a N3DS.

5. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    DS2linux runs a little faster if you put it on the highest setting. It might be a placebo affect though, and it was only for the ps1 emu.

6. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    Its amazing what fans can do with modded hardwares

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can use DosBox on RetroArch but I've never managed to get a game to play.

8. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    ah that is virtually useless then

9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you try it and manage to get a game workibg please message me and tell me what you did :-)