Hacking Anyone tried DVDx on vWii?

davetheshrew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I had dvdx on wii and worked fine, has anyone ported this for vwii? I couldnt find much about it. Also what would be the chances of adding bluray codecs to it, any devs know the limitations?

Thanks

Last edited by davetheshrew,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes that's true since HBC 1.0.7 I believe, but does that mean vWii can play DVDs.

The question is really: can Wii U play Blu Ray movies.
No. Newer versions of the Wii DVD drive, and most likely the Wii U one as well, actually removed the DVD read commands, as they weren't used for anything official. Official games use game read commands which can only read properly encrypted and signed discs.
This is why solderless "flat mod" type Wii modchips don't work on newer Wii units.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: KiiWii

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that's true since HBC 1.0.7 I believe, but does that mean vWii can play DVDs.

The question is really: can Wii U play Blu Ray movies.

The Wii U would be bad at playing Blurays. The Wii U can not output compressed surround sound, only uncompressed. This means to get surround sound of the Wii U, you need a fancy HDMI audio receiver. All I have is the optical out from my TV, going to a cheap digital to analog converter. I can't get surround sound from the Wii U. My real Bluray player can do surround sound. It can pass through the compressed audio signal to the converter.

Also, no the Wii U can't even read a Bluray disc. The firmware is programmed to spit a bluray disc right out. You'd need to replace the encrypted firmware on the drive, no easy task.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...