Hardware Anyone that has been affected by a dock or left joy-con issue, did you call Nintendo?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has no one really thought about adding black thin electrical tape to the 4 sides that cause the scratches?
Just cut out 4 long lines and 4 short lines. The 4 long lines go on the top four l l lines, and the small ones go under the rubber nubs.
This keeps my switch scratch free.

Quick Edit:
if you don't care about the back, you only need two pieces!
I dont know what kind of material electrical tape is made of (is it rubber?) but I'd use it if it cant scratch the plastic screen on the Switch.

I wonder to those that are sending in their dock and left joy-con, are they sending back revised versions of the parts or the exact same ones but pulled from a different box?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got off the phone with Nintendo tech rep 1-800-255-3700

I was on hold for roughly 30 seconds, extremely helpful and friendly.

They have emailed me an expedited shipping label to return my dock for replacement, 1 week turn around time.

I have to say, the entire experience was 10/10.

At least I will have a proper dock and not a bent one. Now I can sleep at night. Been using tape on the rails so my Switch console is SPOTLESS! Want to keep it that way.

If you have a bent dock I suggest you return it for warranty, the tech said it should be perfect 90 degree angles, no bends or bows.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the tech said that if your dock is defective don't just "deal with it", call them and send it in. The only way they can track down the problem is by receiving the docks/serial numbers that are defective. It is an inconvenience to be without the dock for a week I know but it will be worth the peace of mind.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: Goombi

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got off the phone with Nintendo tech rep 1-800-255-3700

I was on hold for roughly 30 seconds, extremely helpful and friendly.

They have emailed me an expedited shipping label to return my dock for replacement, 1 week turn around time.

I have to say, the entire experience was 10/10.

At least I will have a proper dock and not a bent one. Now I can sleep at night. Been using tape on the rails so my Switch console is SPOTLESS! Want to keep it that way.

If you have a bent dock I suggest you return it for warranty, the tech said it should be perfect 90 degree angles, no bends or bows.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the tech said that if your dock is defective don't just "deal with it", call them and send it in. The only way they can track down the problem is by receiving the docks/serial numbers that are defective. It is an inconvenience to be without the dock for a week I know but it will be worth the peace of mind.
I just really want to know if they are simply sending in the same thing back (what everyone else gets) or its remodified in any way to be more safe. Can you tell us once you get the Dock back?

da1e85

Trophies
XP
I just really want to know if they are simply sending in the same thing back (what everyone else gets) or its remodified in any way to be more safe. Can you tell us once you get the Dock back?
It will be the same back only thing is it won't be curved they haven't acknowledged a widespread problem so the wouldn't modify it otherwise that would involve a worldwide recall it's more than likely a manufacturing error in the factory

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So one week later and my dock is being shipped back to me. I will update on it's condition, if they sent me a new one or what. Giggity!

Capture.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.