Anyone stuck with a Nintendo DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by harbu, Apr 17, 2008.

Apr 17, 2008
  1. harbu
    OP

Newcomer harbu Newbie

Finland
    Anyone else stuck with the industrial-looking original Nintendo DS? [​IMG]

I've considered buying the DS lite but a 150€ pricetag seems a bit too high for my liking. I might get one this summer though when I visit the USA and can get a better price because of the weak dollar. Is it worth the upgrade?

2. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    In my opinion the new DS kicks the old one in the balls and face at the same time. You have to be agile and precise to do that, so yeah, it's awesome.

3. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Depends what you find important. The screens are brighter and the battery life is a little bit longer, but consider whether your current DS already meets what you need out of it. I think it's lighter in weight that the orginal DS but is definitely a less comfortable shape to hold (the bottom corners dig into your palm when using the buttons).

Personally I wouldn't replace it, they both run the same software so it's not worth it. But it takes a big difference, major usability issues or breakage for me to upgrade something. [​IMG]

4. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Are you comfortable with your original DS? If not get a new one, i wasn't so i got a new one.

5. methodone

Newcomer methodone Member

150 euros?? it's only $130 USD at retail here. that's like half the price!