Gaming Anyone still playing Animal Crossing Wild World in 2022?

ExperiencersInternational

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a weird question (I hope I set the categories right since it's my first time making a thread here), but is anyone playing Animal Crossing Wild World in 2022 and has Wiimmfi set up?

As you might know, the only way to unlock Nookingtons in the game is to have a friend come to your town and sell/buy an item.

I tried doing DS to DS yesterday since I have a copy on my DSi and I also have a copy on my 3DS, but I ran into communication errors almost instantly, despite them being next to each other.

If anyone is willing to help me (I'd be willing to help others as well), then please let me know. I should also mention that my Wiimmfi FC is 0521-4131-7302.

Last edited by ExperiencersInternational,
Reactions: cubes and Tarmfot

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
I do.
I tried ds to ds but no work.
I did it time ago but with a very older version of twilight.
How can I get a wiimfi id?

cubes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, :)

1.) Of course there are still people playing Wild World online in 2022 (myself included ;))! For matchmaking I recommend the Animal Crossing: Wiimmfi World Discord server: https://discord.gg/acww
You can also find players on the dedicated Reddit (run by the same people)!: https://www.reddit.com/r/ACWW/

2.) About unlocking Nockingtoons. You COULD achieve that offline too. In the 2015 Wii U Virtual console release Nintendo made adjustments to remove all online requirements in the game rom. If you dump that rom you could play it on a DS and just unlock Nookingtoons through buying things. But you don't have to, since there are still players here and there to meet.:)

If you have any questions let me know :)

cubes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do.
I tried ds to ds but no work.
I did it time ago but with a very older version of twilight.
How can I get a wiimfi id?
You can get a friend code by changing the DNS. Turn off "Auto-obtain DNS". then set the Primary DNS to 164.132.44.106, and the Secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8. Then got to the gate and get your code.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can get a friend code by changing the DNS. Turn off "Auto-obtain DNS". then set the Primary DNS to 164.132.44.106, and the Secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8. Then got to the gate and get your code.
For some reason, I can only get Wiimmfi working on Wild World, can't get it working on MKDS or 42 Clubhouse Games (although I don't know whether Wiimmfi supports the latter).

Reactions: cubes

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason, I can only get Wiimmfi working on Wild World, can't get it working on MKDS or 42 Clubhouse Games (although I don't know whether Wiimmfi supports the latter).
Just entering the DNS should be sufficient. You don't need to patch anything anymore. And yes, it does support 42 All-Time Classics (42 Clubhouse Games).
1.) Of course there are still people playing Wild World online in 2022 (myself included ;))! For matchmaking I recommend the Animal Crossing: Wiimmfi World Discord server: https://discord.gg/acww
You can also find players on the dedicated Reddit (run by the same people)!: https://www.reddit.com/r/ACWW/
Every time I see Reddit and Discord I just get nostalgic for IRC and bulletin boards. Hopefully we'll see that sort of decentralisation again.

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
\^_^
Does twilight count
I really wanted this game on the DSFAT but mine had an image an was old as time i mean as oxygen ( yea that DS)
And that image drove me nuts. So I just bought Nintendogs
Yea i know there is ACNL but i really wanted this game and the DS has a massive library (like oooooh weeee HUGE)
;-( I like it even thought one of my favorite seats was kicked out (havest)
but flea mart day makes up for that man this is so cool I love this. I don't remember this on City Folk
-Wait there was a aucton thing in CF wasn't there
-In NL well you know the score 🙃

Reactions: Tarmfot and cubes

cubes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, Wild World has some stuff that was deleted in the later games. Like that Bright Nights festival.

iu

Reactions: Tarmfot

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that looks like fun 🙃
I love these little holidays and festivals and how the villagers just out right tell you what they like and what they are looking for.
Plus I found the legit way to get furniture not the *scribble scribble write the letter way*. Yaah shame on my game saves because I have CF & NLWA. Static got me when I had too many bells one time *ouch*
I literately only had two ds games Nintendogs and Pokemon black and white :-/

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
\^_^
Does twilight count
I really wanted this game on the DSFAT but mine had an image an was old as time i mean as oxygen ( yea that DS)
And that image drove me nuts. So I just bought Nintendogs
Yea i know there is ACNL but i really wanted this game and the DS has a massive library (like oooooh weeee HUGE)
;-( I like it even thought one of my favorite seats was kicked out (havest)
but flea mart day makes up for that man this is so cool I love this. I don't remember this on City Folk
-Wait there was a aucton thing in CF wasn't there
-In NL well you know the score 🙃
Yeah Twilight counts, I've only been able to get Wild World working though.

Reactions: AWESOMEGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You only got WW working in Twilight, the nds file i think that is what that is called.
I forgot
Just if this isn't clear, I mean online, all my games have worked fine in Twilight Menu, but I can only get Wild World to connect online, MKDS and 42 All Time Classics just refuses to connect.

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats
That watering can is a beast though
2 weeks wow
and now i am just going to break down and put the last nook shop, because i have a 3dsxl, and i need a phone to do that wiifi thing and it just is not happing
And I cant figure out building seeds, so into the editor it will be going
Ploop *insta Nookintons*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i do, along with new leaf
i actually want to make a rom hack for it at some point once i get better at that kind of thing lol
New Leaf is quite easy to play with others anyways since Club Tortimer.

i need a phone to do that wiifi thing

A computer running Windows 8.1 or higher I believe works as well (I haven't had luck with finding hotspot settings in Windows 8.1 though).

Carot

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to bother you. I tried so many times, it always say to me that service on that server is interrupted. I don’t know if is because i live in Italy maybe? I don’t know how to do it. Ty

Gon Freecss

Mumble > Discord
Trophies
Website
signal.org
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry to bother you. I tried so many times, it always say to me that service on that server is interrupted. I don’t know if is because i live in Italy maybe? I don’t know how to do it. Ty
Those DNS servers are outdated, get the current ones here, scroll down to "DS games" and follow instructions there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end