Anyone Seen This Universal Modchip?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jaxxster, Mar 22, 2007.

Mar 22, 2007
  1. jaxxster
    OP

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
  2. pandas0nic

Member pandas0nic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  3. H8TR

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Not fair, I was about to post this. It seems to be an Xbox 360 Mod (Hence the all green site) but has support to also be a Wii drive chip, a PS2 Mod chip and PS3 chipping is apparently "coming soon".

4. pandas0nic

United Kingdom
    looks like it could be a bit of a bitch to solder though.. i'm very interested in the ps3 flashing ability though, will have to wait for hacked firmwares to add functionality aswell, but being able to choose what official sony firmware u want to use making those exploits available is nice, and pretty much makes it the first ps3 modchip of sorts, so props to them.

5. xiaNaix

Member xiaNaix GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is from the guys at Hardstore. They just allow you to install the mod in whichever console you choose and install "emulated" (ie. cloned) modchip firmware on there. They mention the O2 mod for PS2, which is certainly not the best solution out there. The DNAS patching is nowhere near as good as that of Crystal Chip. The Wiikey "emulation" certainly will not support future updates. Sure, this sounds like a great idea but who in their right mind is going to rip the chip out and move it to another console just to play games?

6. pandas0nic

United Kingdom
    well yeah i agree, i would always use a dedicated chip for each machine, what i am interested in is the ps3 functionality which i havent seen elsewhere. They'd be better off concentrating on that alone, and not being a 'jack of all trades, master of none', to use a nice english saying [​IMG]

7. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    would you want that huge board in your wii? would it fit???